1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mission Challenge #30

Discussion in 'Console' started by TexasLion, Apr 27, 2003.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    How about a post where we all give our tricks to beating this last mission challenge that the devil himself conjured up. For those that don't know, you have to get 2 excellents in this last mission challenge, and it has to be a KO, no ring outs allowed (don't know about time running out, though). Once you beat this mode, you get the super terrific glowing bracelet for your character. I got 3 done so far so I'll give my advice for those 3 characters, but you guys got to supply other characters as well. Or if you got a better technique with any one of my characters, feel free to post up.

1) Lei Fei - Easiest person probably to beat this last mission. Just dash back at the start of the round and go into his down stance (D+P+K+G) and charge up fully with P+K. Once he starts flying, chances are the computer will get hit almost everytime. Once you hit, hold back and P, P them. Just dash back and repeat. I finished this in 3 tries with him. Also, I chose Lei Fei to fight against so maybe that'll help if you're having trouble.

2) Lion - This wasn't too hard with Lion once I figured out this trick. Immediately when the round starts, do his B, B + K, P+K, K, K combo (it hits quite often at the start) and then run up to them when they fall. Then, as soon as they rise up, hit them with U+K, K. They almost never punish you for it by hitting high, and a lot of times you'll counter for 2 hits when they try sweeping you low. Once they fall down again, run up and do U + K, K again until they die. If they don't fall down and block it, dash back to safety again and either risk another combo that you did at the start, or do his B, DF + P crumble move, then F, F + K, K and then run up and U + K, K them again. It took me around 6 tries to beat this with him once I figured out this trick. Again, I used Lei Fei as the punching bag.

Pai - This one was harder then the other ones so I wouldn't be suprised if there's an easier way than this, but here's how I did it. At the start, do the F, F, F+K+G move, then K, then a combo if they float high enough for one. Dash back and repeat until they die. It took me around 30 tries, but this was the best technique I could find.

Some helpful hints - I find Lei Fei and Vanessa to be the easiest to fight against, just because they're not too fast. That may change with certain characters, but for my above 3, Lei Fei and Vanessa might be your best bet. Also, Lei Fei falls for throw a lot, so sometimes if you just stand still he'll do a guaranteed throw move, and you'll be free to do any throw to him. Just mix it up so he won't catch on and start breaking them.

So fellow VF'ers, post up the tricks you used to beat this challenge with the characters you used. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate this.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

With Wolf, the key word is "THROW". Abuse Punch->throw. Also use GS for easy half life or ring out. I didn't find this too hard if you are careful. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    modestmouseDCFC said:

How about a post where we all give our tricks to beating this last mission challenge that the devil himself conjured up. For those that don't know, you have to get 2 excellents in this last mission challenge, and it has to be a KO, no ring outs allowed (don't know about time running out, though). Once you beat this mode, you get the super terrific glowing bracelet for your character. I got 3 done so far so I'll give my advice for those 3 characters, but you guys got to supply other characters as well. Or if you got a better technique with any one of my characters, feel free to post up.

1) Lei Fei - Easiest person probably to beat this last mission. Just dash back at the start of the round and go into his down stance (D+P+K+G) and charge up fully with P+K. Once he starts flying, chances are the computer will get hit almost everytime. Once you hit, hold back and P, P them. Just dash back and repeat. I finished this in 3 tries with him. Also, I chose Lei Fei to fight against so maybe that'll help if you're having trouble.

2) Lion - This wasn't too hard with Lion once I figured out this trick. Immediately when the round starts, do his B, B + K, P+K, K, K combo (it hits quite often at the start) and then run up to them when they fall. Then, as soon as they rise up, hit them with U+K, K. They almost never punish you for it by hitting high, and a lot of times you'll counter for 2 hits when they try sweeping you low. Once they fall down again, run up and do U + K, K again until they die. If they don't fall down and block it, dash back to safety again and either risk another combo that you did at the start, or do his B, DF + P crumble move, then F, F + K, K and then run up and U + K, K them again. It took me around 6 tries to beat this with him once I figured out this trick. Again, I used Lei Fei as the punching bag.

Pai - This one was harder then the other ones so I wouldn't be suprised if there's an easier way than this, but here's how I did it. At the start, do the F, F, F+K+G move, then K, then a combo if they float high enough for one. Dash back and repeat until they die. It took me around 30 tries, but this was the best technique I could find.

Some helpful hints - I find Lei Fei and Vanessa to be the easiest to fight against, just because they're not too fast. That may change with certain characters, but for my above 3, Lei Fei and Vanessa might be your best bet. Also, Lei Fei falls for throw a lot, so sometimes if you just stand still he'll do a guaranteed throw move, and you'll be free to do any throw to him. Just mix it up so he won't catch on and start breaking them.

So fellow VF'ers, post up the tricks you used to beat this challenge with the characters you used. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate this.

[/ QUOTE ]

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif ....I'm very unhappy about that.. People said the AI was VERY improved, and still...the cpu gets caught in consecutive moves.. What a shame..

I can't really contribute to this thread, as i don't have Evo, I just wanted to express my deep sadness for Evo's AI. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Actually, Evo's AI isn't that bad once you reach the higher level ones. The only problem I have is their tendency to fall into the same defensive patterns. They seem to evade almost every time they get hit or if their attack gets blocked.

5. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Vale_Mesmo_Tudo said:

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif ....I'm very unhappy about that.. People said the AI was VERY improved, and still...the cpu gets caught in consecutive moves.. What a shame..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Don't worry it's just a one of the mission modes. It's for the glowing armband. The CPU is harder on Quest. And a lot harder on the tourneys.

But for Kage I just evaded and [G]+[P]+[K] at the beginning of the the round. Stepped back and hit [2][G]+[K] when the CPU approched me. Did this twice. Then just hit [9]+[K] everytime he got up. Also the CPU seems to learn your tricks the longer you play. So if he gets too hard you can re-select the mission and he will be easy again. And Lei Fei was always the easiest to do the two perfects on for me.

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="orange">They seem to evade almost every time they get hit or if their attack gets blocked. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the time, if you test it out, you'll notice that the CPU is actually E-DTE after blocked moves. I think that in itself is pretty cool /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Of course. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I meant it gets predictable when they do it almost every single time, even after low punch. I've tested this out by performing Goh's evade attack repeatedly. The cpu would get hit by the first one and immediately evade, only to get hit by the second one, then the third, etc. On the other end of the spectrum, the cpu will sometimes use sensible defensive techniques after getting hit by MC low punch. High level Lei-Fei's tend to respond to a MC low punch with either [4][6][P]+[K] or [2][3][6][P]+[K]. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Here is a tip for the Mission Challenge mode.

You can change the difficult of the mission challenge mode

by going to option and changing the difficulty to very easy.

It can be a spoiler so it is up to you to use it or not.

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Speaking of AI, I felt that high level AI does ETEG very

frequently such as if I hit AI a low punch on counter, they

do ETEG most of time. I remember that I faced BungBungMaru

in the tourney once, he escaped my throw like crazy so

the so called throw garanteed situation is not really a

throw garanteed one, so I tried to use delayed Yoho to beat

his ETEG, but then he didn't do ETEG and attaked me instead.

I ended up losing that round.

My point is Evo's CPU does change their pattern in some

extents. It is much more enjoyable to fight against CPU

which can adapt. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    [ QUOTE ]
    madagascar said:

Here is a tip for the Mission Challenge mode.

You can change the difficult of the mission challenge mode

by going to option and changing the difficulty to very easy.

It can be a spoiler so it is up to you to use it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, man I hope so because I'm cheating like a motherfucker if that's true. Watch it already be set on very easy and I just suck all along. That would really blow. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Well, it does work, and I had it set on hard all this time. Jeesh...

Not only that, but you can change the computers energy to lose more, and you to lose less, as well as change the time. So the last mission is a breeze with anyone now. Thanks Madagascar.

11. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

No problem.

I had the same experience when I tried to beat the

Mission Challenge before.

I set the difficulty very hard for no reason and had no

clue that the setting affect the Mission Practice mode.

I spent numerous hours trying to beat Wolf excellent

for 2 straight games.

As I recall now, It was a good practice though. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif