1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mo info on VF4 PS2

Discussion in 'Console' started by marcel, Jan 24, 2002.

1. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

This is what has leeked out and the talk on the streets of Japan in reguard to VF4 PS2. 1st is that there is a possibility that some moves may have been changed, and that new moves were added. VF4 will be in nearly every store 1-31. Second is that there is a new stage where fighters are in ankle high water. 3, textures have been change (u can tell if you put an arcade screen next to a home) That it will remain on PS2 only for 1 year. That's all I got, for more go to the hands on preview.

2. headofdog

headofdog New Member

Any word on a PS2 exclusive charachter?

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

This is what has leeked out and the talk on the streets of Japan in reguard to VF4 PS2. 1st is that there is a possibility that some moves may have been changed, and that new moves were added. VF4 will be in nearly every store 1-31. Second is that there is a new stage where fighters are in ankle high water. 3, textures have been change (u can tell if you put an arcade screen next to a home)

Leaked out?
    (1) Some moves may have changed... Um, yeah. What do you think all this ver.C talk is about the past few days on this board??? Jan 31 Japanese release date... VFDC forumers have been waiting for this date for the past 2-3 months now, dude.
    (2) New stage... um, I posted this in greater detail two weeks ago.
    (3) Textures have been changed... uh, given PS2's texturing limitations vis a vis Naomi2, that textures would be scaled down was a given.

How is this more information than what has already been posted on this board???

And headofdog -- no, there is no "exclusive" character in PS2 VF4. (Apart from Dural, which might well become a playable character in PS2 VF4, given the trend of earlier VF home conversions.) You might want to try Tekken or Mortal Kombat if what constitutes a good fighting game, in your opinion, is unlocking secret characters.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I personally hope there's no new character, and I'm glad there hasn't been mention of it in the last few months. However, I think headofdog might be referring to an old statement by Suzuki that they might include PS2 exclusive characters (such as Taka).

These days, it hasn't crossed my mind that there are new characters, but you never know until the game comes out.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Good god, he just asked a question, was there REALLY a need to jump down his throat???
    Why would you be opposed to a new character?? I would always welcome a new person to learn, it ONLY serves to extend the life of the machine...if they did add a new character and you didn't like him/her, don't use that person...
    AWESOME news on it not being exclusive...I am praying it goes to xbox...

6. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing, say, Taka, in the ver.C/PS2 version. Maybe next year when VF4 makes the inevitable jump to Xbox and/or GameCube they could do that. Or better yet, how about a VF Box set, featuring CD's of all the Virtua Fighter games? That would sell a lot of Xbox consoles.

Oh, just in keeping with the mo-fo thread, CoreMagazine.com has a short interview with Yu Suzuki about VF4. No shocking revelations, but some good insights.

7. headofdog

headofdog New Member

Yes, I was refering to comments made by Suzuki some time ago. The only extra character I'd find acceptable would be Taka, because his impact would be minimal. Then again wouldn't it be great to have some additonal characters like, say, Crash Bandicot and Laura Croft?(joking)
    Also, thanks to FeixaQ for the warm welcome to the boards. As soon as my hand stops stinging from your tiny slap I may be brave enough ask to some more questions. You should elevate your interactions beyond those of a person who's social skills are limited to a joystick or a keyboard.

8. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Hidden Characters

I e-mailed my friend in Tokyo Japan and asked him about the whole new character question. He says that there have been rumours but in the videos they showed in store windows there is no sight of one. If Taka was gonna return in the home version, it would be all over the place.