1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MoAT 2001 Rules

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Llanfair, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: rounds?

> Playing Hiros Kage has given me a good understanding of how to deal with Kage in just about every situation.

well good for fucking you. would you like a cookie?

and it could be argued that it only gives you a good understanding of how to deal with _hiro's_ kage. not everyone does the same shit as your god.

> For the record no one though Adams play was laughable, we played seriously and to win.

andrew, what the fuck is wrong with your fucking brain? do you really presume to know everyone who saw the videos and what they thought of it?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Rich let me ask you this, do you think you can apply correctly, TEG, ETE, ATE against a various group of players, do you know all the situations that you can use them on instinct?

When you get better as a player you start to think how you can survive to beat your opponent. Thats what makes us better even though we play each other. I eliminate as many choices that my opponent has that I can think of. When you play more your accuracy gets better. Its just like a sport. Why do you think professionals practice so much? Some may be better than others like adam said so they get by with less practice, and the practice benefits some more than others.

CrewNYC

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes rich we do...we hosted the darn thing, we sure as heck knew what everyone though about everyone elses play. Adam consisntently won, whats to laugh about that? Would you care to explain. Everyone from Jesse and Boyd said Adam is a great player. I said they were great players there was a mutal respect for each other. No ones play was "laughable" as you put it.

CrewNYC

4. Mr. Bungle

i may have written the guide on option select, but i've never had any need for it whatsoever. using it does NOT make you a better player.

5. Mr. Bungle

do you have some sort of learning disability?

i'll repeat: you do not know all of the people that have viewed the tapes, and you do not know their opinions of it - you simply cannot, on either point.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll reply to both here....option select...you are correct and incorrect....

You dont use it..

Option select helps you survive more. Does surviing more make you a better player? Sure unless you can guess correctly everytime..

Anyone esle care to chime in?

About those tapes? Sure we can figure this out quite simply...Chan Chai who did you send the tapes too? Did anyone that watched adam play think it was laughable...

I think we can figure out peoples opinon of the play and quite simply...VF is small group of people interested, and if the people are non-vf'ers watching the tape then we dont care they think its laughable, since they dont understand whats going on in the tapes.

CrewNYC

7. Mr. Bungle

> Option select helps you survive more.

OS doesn't "help you survive more." puhhllease. it's an _aide_. you don't need it. a good enough player will do just as well, if not even better without it.

> Sure we can figure this out quite simply blah blah blah...

um...that's really pathetic.

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

> playing on the tapes is downright laughable

okaayyyy.....

some people thought the same of your own play and others with the NYG2 tapes.

Read the line more carefully. I wrote that ALL of us on the tapes exhibited laughable play so i didn't_exclude_myself. Whatever, a lot of the play on the NYG tapes shits on most of the stuff i have on videotapes made a few years earlier. So, yeah....ummm... keep deluding yourself, bucko.

not always. depends on who you're practicing with. by analogy, it doesn't help much if you're a race car driver and only drive on the same course in the same car with the same opponents over and over each weekend.

True, if we played like a bunch of scrubby newbies. After learning a lot about the game, its not like we do the same shit over and over again. I mean, it would get dreadfully boring if we did. The complete spectrum of major flow-charts for different characters is utilized - which results in the basic necessary knowledge that is helpful for playing against even new opponents. We try to make sure that styles are mixed up and changed often to prevent the other person from taking advantage. Bust most importantly, confidence in reacting to situations is increased in general, which is quite helpful in playing against any opponent that one may not be accustomed to.

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

9. Mr. Bungle

> didn't_exclude_myself.

um..i know. reading comprehension 101: where did i say, or even imply, that it didn't?

> So, yeah....ummm... keep deluding yourself, bucko.

just stating the facts, ma'am.

> Whatever, a lot of the play on the NYG tapes shits on most of the stuff i have on videotapes made a few years earlier.

that doesn't mean certain people can't find certain things about it amusing.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

So Rich lemme turn the tables on you, are you going to MoaT, lets test your I dont need OS, OS doesnt make you a better player idea...

Seriously I was thinking about this and I think, Option select does make you a better player if you know how to use it.

Here is simple logic, take two players who have about the same guessing ability and skill. One uses option select one doesnt. The one using option select has a greater defense. Does having a greater defense make you better HECK YES.

CrewNYC

11. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

OS doesn't "help you survive more." puhhllease. it's an _aide_. you don't need it. a good enough player will do just as well, if not even better without it.

Its an aid that_helps_you_survive_more, you twit. Anyone who uses it correctly can tell you that! Okay guys, prepare yourselves - japanese player reference coming up: If it's disadvantages outweighed advantages, our great vf gods in japan wouldn't use them. But they do...and immensely well. They are monsters as a result - absolute fukkin RAPISTS.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

OS is not always important.

Granted, it is the best thing on the RIGHT circumstances....

However, sometimes it's the worst thing to do.

My regular sparring partners believes soooo much in option select...that's exactly what is killing him.

Sometimes..u have to go with the feel.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

13. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

just stating the facts, ma'am.

Facts?! Right.......denial and bullshit is more like it.

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by adamYUKI on 03/23/01 00:31 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

14. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Exactly, summers. I was talking about the HUGE benefits of OS when employed with precision under the right circumstances. Its invaluable. However, it takes a lot of PRACTICE and PLAYING to learn to use it in the right circumstances. I am still struggling with learning to employ it on instinct under some situations.

15. Mr. Bungle

> Facts?! Right.......denial and bullshit is more like it.

nearly everything i have stated since the beginning of these furballs with you and andy can be backed up with actual text documents written by other people, through irc, usenet or on this board. re: opinions (on players, videos, etc), usage of tactics, performance at gatherings and tournaments and so on and so forth.

the same cannot be said for many of yours (and especially andy's).

what exactly am i denying anyway?!

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Lucky me
    I'm always depending on instincts...since wayyyy back from Sf2 dayz

Which is why reversals are a MAJOR part of my game when I am using Akira...and I have good success with his reversals.

That, and a bit of rational thoughts .

17. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

nearly everything i have stated since the beginning of these furballs with you and andy can be backed up with actual text documents written by other people, through irc, usenet or on this board. re: opinions (on players, videos, etc), usage of tactics, performance at gatherings and tournaments and so on and so forth.

Whatever...I have enuff confidence about my playing ability, and am proud to be acknowledged by people whom I consider to be highly skilled players - players who are still interested in getting better and playing competitively. I can't care less about the opinions of people who don't even play the game seriously and strive to get better - the people you probably got opinions from regarding play styles, tactics, performance at gatherings, etc. Now, if they actually still played the game and kicked my ass, well...then it would matter to me.

what exactly am i denying anyway?!

*Groan*...your whole essence just reeks denial and constant lamenting for "how it was". You are soo enamored with the old players and "how it used to be" that it severely taints your viewpoints on new players. One example would be Mike Skupa's shun when compared to Nelson's shun. I played Mike more recently than you did at e3 - we hung out and had a good time. But strictly speaking vf3tb, his Shun was nothing when compared to Nelson's. But you haven't even played Mike recently, yet you cling on to his nut-sacks based on how he played ages ago - wrongly depriving Nelson of credit that is deserved. Credit that is already bestowed upon the great ghettoSHUN by other HIGHLY SKILLED players.

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by adamYUKI on 03/23/01 01:15 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ummmm
    Adam this is gonna sound REALLY ARROGANT

But, if I can make it to Toronto,
    I'm gonna make sure the world talks abt my Jacky!!!!!!!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

N akira too(most likely over shaodowed by urs)/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

19. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

But, if I can make it to Toronto,
    I'm gonna make sure the world talks abt my Jacky!!!!!!!

N akira too.

Hehehe... Kool Freddie. Looking forward to finally playing and meeting ya! Always up for new blood. ;) *Groan*....not another jacky!!! I already worked hard to retire Andy's!!

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: DIFF

Adam..
    do me a fav
    Use ur Icq or AIM

FOOL!!!!!!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif