1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MoAT - IXNE.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Llanfair, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Well I had originally hoped that this would not happen. MoAT 2001 is going to be cancelled. There are just too many complications and mishaps lately to have the tourney run smoothly. I had thought only 2 days ago that all was fine and on track but I had overestimated things.

I sincerely apologize to all of you who have made tremendous efforts in arranging your own time. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Again - sorry.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

2. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Dayam...

I still think there should be a final vf3tb event before vf4 explodes. Llanfair, is there a possibility for a MoAT in the near-future at all (before people start focusing on vf4)? Heh...there is still nyg3 for people that are interested.

Ice, u still plan on headin' to nyc? Maybe we can still play for a weekend in TO (since i have the cheap airline tickets)? If TO crew is up for an informal thing, it would be cool.

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Too bad for MoAT... I had trained a lot... but I'll take it as a good note because I was inspired to train/versus/images/icons/smile.gif I guess it's better to not have a tournament rather than having a really messy one. I hope another MoAT can be set up in the future.

Is NYG3 happening this year?! I certainly hope so/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

NYG3. MoAT.
    What's the difference? I know one is a gathering and one is a tournament, but how are they organized differently?
    Just curious because I've read about the NYGs and the Chicago Gathering (I've missed out on a lot, being a newbie)/versus/images/icons/frown.gif.

Hey, if you guys get NYG3 organized, ya got any room for a newbie? It'd be a shame to let the training for MoAT go to waste!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Dayum, I paid a $100 for my Canadian visa. Have you bought those tickets yet Adam? If not, I think I would prefer to just go to NYC and chill and I'll probably leave Duke a little bit later than planned (the more time to pack and relax from the stress of exams the better)...probably a few days before E3 comes around so something like May 12-14. That way I won't be so much of a burden and you won't have to put me up at NYC for too long.

However, if we get a NYG3 rolling instead hell I'll come participate.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I have never seen anything organized by Toronto turn out the way it was promised. Past endeavors succeed only by the people who are naieve enough to attend. This proves to be no different.

I would say this unsurprising twist marks Toronto as the most useless of all VF communities, an honour they have always owned (but never owned up to). Llanfair, way to take incompetent planning to a whole new level.

August Winter

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: HAHAHAHAHAHA

I have never seen anything organized by Toronto turn out the way it was promised.

So prior moats were nothing but failures? Please. I think the past moats, along with every other major tournament/gathering held, helped to bring the online community together and in fact, has brought us to where we are today. What did the organisers promise (you) anyway?

Past endeavors succeed only by the people who are naieve enough to attend. This proves to be no different.

And what does this have to do with moat being cancelled? And out of curiosity, would you mind sharing with us how any event can succeed without people attending? I think that's the primary objective of the organiser of any event -- to bring people together with a purpose, be it tourney or free-for-all.

And judging by the responses from NY, it seems likely this will still go ahead. Toronto got the ball rolling. What have you done lately? Winter, way to be a dick on your first post.

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, I won't throw myself in the middle of "what's the difference between NYG3 and MoAT," except that there's a good difference between tournaments and gatherings. I like both quite a bit.

Anyways, here's another resource for you to read up on the posted reports from many old VF2 and VF3 tournaments.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://world.std.com/~opus/vf/tour.html>Tournament Archive @ ~opus</A>

-Chanchai

9. ghostdog

I've read some of the stories about the tourneys. Most of these were going on when I had stopped playing VF3 (the only machine I knew of was taken away). I played VF2, but just enough to get the hang of the basics.
    For the most part, reading these reports just makes me feel that I've missed out on a lot. It also makes want to participate even more (even though I'd lose more than I'd win). But I read 'em anyway (masochistic, I guess)./versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

10. Llanfair

Tell me Winter, have you ever organized a tournament? That's what I thought. You laugh at my 'incompetence' - great, thanks, I hope you feel good - do you have any constructive criticism? How bout a layout of all your successes in organizing tournaments? Just curious: name Toronto's fuck-ups for me please. Enlighten me. Really.

I had every intention of holding this tournament - and doing it well. If it was possible, it would happen - let me assure you. But it's impossible due to unforeseen circumstances. It's called real life - and this cancellation is far from being the end of the world.

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Damn..this does suck...even if I couldn't make it, just knowing how much everybody was looking foward to it..
    Adam - would you be interested in organizing a mini moat? Hit me up.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Rarely have I known Toronto to organise a tourney that ended as a FUCK UP..

In fact...everything that I have read indicates nothing but success

Prove ur point b4 u start ur stupid bashings

Fuckwit~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

13. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Bummer

It's unfortunate that MoaT had to be cancelled. For the last few weeks, I had quite a few things to worry about that complicated issues and brought dilemmas that made the trip there for me highly improbable -- similar to what you guys are going through now. Oh well, it was still a very noble idea for you guys to try and organize one in the first place for possibly the last informal get-together for VF3 in North America. And most importantly, it's good to know that you guys still got your priorities in order.

And good luck on making your wedding plans, kbcat. Congratulations on tying the knot. Maybe you can give Llanfair some useful advice on what not to do when he goes about his eventual wedding plans (you're currently engaged, right Llanfair?). /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Kruza

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Tell him where to go Lanly~~~~

I HATE RUDE PPL~~~~~

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Just to be a devil's advocate here, maybe Winters bought a non-refundable ticket to TO?

That would suck!

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh well...only owen knows if winter wanted to be there...
    and if he really did bought a non-refunable ticket...
    OUCH~

17. ghostdog

Buying a non-refundable ticket to TO would suck.
    I was real close to buying one when I heard about the cancellation.

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Just to be a devil's advocate here, maybe Winters bought a non-refundable ticket to TO?

That would suck!

Yes, it would.

But I think it's highly unlikely because:

1. the domain of Winter's IP resolves to Ontario, Canada. I don't think booking a flight would have been an issue for someone in the same province as to where moat was being held. I suppose I could be wrong though.

2. Everyone who was going was pretty vocal about it, afaik, especially those in situations where they had to book flights ahead, arrange visas, whatever. So I doubt he was ever going to begin with. Sounded like he was happy (re: HAHAHA as subject line) to see it cancelled more than sour over the loss of money.

Whatever the case may be, I don't think a response like that was ever warranted. Pretty fucking childish actually.

19. Llanfair

Re: Bummer

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Congratulations on tying the knot. Maybe you can give Llanfair some useful advice on what not to do when he goes about his eventual wedding plans (you're currently engaged, right Llanfair?).

<hr></blockquote>

Heya Kruza - actually I got married on Dec 2, 2000. ;)

cheers,

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Oops!

LOL! I guess this shows how much I've been behind on certain things. Well, you still earn a belated congrats from me for being a newlywed. Take care, Llanfair.

And make sure that you guys throw a hell of a bachelor party for kbcat! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Kruza