1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Moat NOW

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

No I think MoaT must go on! Heres the details in the abscence of a formal canadian Moat. MoaT will he held in NYC with lodging available to all. It will take place the same weekend of the 12 and 13th with the same rules. We will have multiple machines with multiple sticks and projection screens again.

Since Jeff will be in NYC and sal (piccolo) and Hiro can then participate. It will make it a very fun time!

Questions I have are

Myke or any of the canadians can you come down to NYC?
    Shota can you make it to NYC?
    Shang, Rich?
    Boyd can you make it over here?

The rules will be the same as we have been discussing. Same format and everything.

CrewNYC

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think I'll be able to make it if it's the same weekend, but I couldn't go any earlier. Now it looks like I'm the one who has to sweat over airline tickets. Or if I'm feeling up to it I'll take the 7 hr drive instead.

Bummer about MoAT at Toronto though :/

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I take it I'm welcome to participate? Looks like I should easily be able to get to NY on the 11th (4pm-10pm, somewhere in there) and head out around 4pm on the 13th (JFK Airport).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. Still bummed about Toronto, but it happens.

-Chanchai

p.s. Has Nelson officially retired from VF?

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Too bad about Toronto. I was really looking forward to going (seeing new sights, meeting new people, playing VF3, etc., etc.)/versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    But I'd be interested in going to NYC. Any room for an intermediate level VFer?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

So are we DEFINITELY doing this? I need to know soon 'cuz I need to book airline tickets with my employer for RDU-NYC-HK...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, Jeff.
    Come down to NY soon!
    I don't know whether Andy and Adnan are planning to have this at his hotel or not, but if it is held at the hotel, I won't probably go there.
    (Since Andy wrote that people would use two projectors, he probably was thinking of using the hotel.)
    If you have time, come down earlier so that you'll have time to play with Adnan, Andy, and me.
    Of course, this time you must be at least good enough to beat Andy.

Also, Shota san, it would be very nice if you could come.
    Then, we can go for drinks as well.
    Anyway, drop me a line when you get a chance.

HIRO

7. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I can't make it. Several Wedding related events have cropped up that weekend (which is one of the MoAT complications). I wouldn't be able to make it even if it was in TO.

sorry folks,
    kbcat

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hiro-san, I may not come early, but I'll definitely be in NYC between NYG3 (if it happens) and E3...so that's about 4-5 days I'll get the chance to kick your ass. You guys better watch out!

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Want to know what is REALLY PISSING ME OFF Andy???

the air fares to US is cheaper than going to Toronto..WAY CHEAPER~~~

I can afford to go there...I've saved enuff...

BUT MY ASSIGNMENTS ARE STOPPING ME~
    GAH~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

10. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Andy and i discussed the place for this "VT" thingy. If i am unable to get hotel accomodations for all, then Andy suggested his office as the place for the tournament - it has two conference rooms with a projector in each (kick-ass quality projectors to boot!!!)

We'll discuss this soon in detail...

Shota-kun...priceline is the way to go. You will definitely get pretty cheap airfare to NYC.

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

11. Chanchai

If we duke it out in NYC, where would you recommend we stay btw? Know of the nearby hotels at a decent rate?

BTW.... Myke, Ice, Andy and Adam. You all wanna have some DoA2 matches as well? Heck, is Emil coming down to VT? We can have the big showdown between Myke, Emil, and Ice/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Or all of us plus whoever's interested. After the tourney or before or something, I mean. Part of me just wants to see Myke and Ice on DoA2. However, I'm all VF3 overall of course.

-Chanchai

12. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hey, I won't be playing DOA2..the game just got waaay to back and forth for me...but anybody up for a few rounds of soul-calibur? I would be happy to ablidge them.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Aight guys, I've booked my flight; I'll be in NYC on May 10. Let the raping begin!!!!

P.S. DOA2? Awww, I haven't touched that game since end of last summer, don't tell me I have to train for that too...

14. Chanchai

*sigh* I hope I don't end up coming out of VT as Numero Uno Sphincter Boy (with all the raping going on).

I doubt many people have touched DoA2 or played it really seriously in awhile. Would actually be humorous to see all the VF3tb action that's certainly gonna be there, then all of a sudden watch everyone play DoA2 like a bunch of idiots/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

If I get slaughtered as badly as I think I'll be, I guess I can at least challenge Adam to more Hyper FIghting matches with at least SOME chance of success. Reoccurances of all the throw threats (Adam and Chanchai), fireball traps (Adam), long range punches (Chanchai), and more! Not to mention that Hiro can try to execute his revenge on me for our series of HF battles at NYG2 (either through more HF matches or more lectures--oddly enough, I enjoy and appreciate both).

BTW, what are the pre/post-tournament gathering plans if any?

-Chanchai

p.s. I'm also under the impression that if Boyd or Jesse came, we would all get slaughtered in Hyper Fighting (or probably any Capcom fighter that might be at the event, if at all). /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I do regret watching Jesse play HF though... heard about it from some people.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 05/01/01 05:12 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

15. Guest

Guest Guest

IT would be cool if more chi guys could make it.
    So shota isn't the only one out there, plus who's gonna samba your asses???

16. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Emil is the only guy who still begs to play DoA2 - and i don't think he will be able to make it. I'll find out for sure though (i think he is too addicted to Quake 3). So, i'm pretty sure there will be no DoA2.

I will try to rape you in classic Street Fighter 2, though! However, if jesse and Boyd come down, BOTH our asses are grass! I will find out in a couple of days if the Hotel is availabe. If not, I will have to talk to Andy about the possibility of his office. So, everyone will know in 2 days.

However, if not many people come, then i don't think there will be a formal tournament - just constant playing. If a healthy amount do show up, traditional MoAT rules (as outlined by Llanfair) will apply.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I will find out in a couple of days if the Hotel is availabe. If not, I will have to talk to Andy about the possibility of his office. So, everyone will know in 2 days.

Andy first mentioned that "lodging will be available to all" and now you say that you'll have to see if the Hotel is available. Now, I don't know if you're both talking about the same place, but I'd just like to let you know that this is a major factor determining whether I come down or not, and I'd really like to be there.

So let me/us know asap what the deal with accomodation is, because we're less than two weeks away and going to NYC is a much bigger deal for me than going to Toronto.

Thanks.

18. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Sorry for the consusion Mike. There are two possible places where the tournament/gathering will be held: Hotel (about 1.5 hours from Manhattan) OR Andy's office (within Manhattan).

In his excitement, Andy may have jumped the gun about moving the MoAT to NYC. I don't think he thought about the actual availability of either place for this event. I will know by tomorrow about the hotel, and will talk to Andy tonight about his office being free for that weekend - in case the hotel is not avilable.

Like i said, you will know tomorrow for sure.