1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding my Fusion stick...

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by DomAug, Aug 18, 2012.

1. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    I plan on modding my Fusion stick soon once I get the stuff in:

--replacing the default plexi panel (with Eightarc design adhered to it) with plain clear plexi panel
    --installing custom art (see below)
    --replacing X, Square, and Triangle buttons with green, blue, and red Sanwa buttons respectively

the art is kinda blurry and cheesy, but i don't care. even though a lot of VF fans i know hated the anime, i liked it.

does anyone have any other suggestions for mods i should consider?

EDIT 1: The finished product (for now):

[​IMG]

EDIT 9/3/2012: This is a design I whipped up in about a few hours, thanks to some templates from D3V (shoryuken.com and d3vlicious.com). His designs are sick but he usually does TE work and not Qanba/Eightarc work so I had to manipulate some of the positioning of the buttons. Still, his templates made this one of my favorite stick designs (at least among both that I've made so far lol).

[​IMG]

Chanchai likes this.
  2. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Needs a custom balltop, dustwasher, and I'd probably change the other non-VF buttons to match the artwork.

3. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    i'd have to save up for some transparent plungers then. should the dustwasher have custom art on it or should it just be a different color?

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

You can just get a clear one so your art shows through. As for the buttons, you can simply get the purple ones. Or purple rims with different plungers.

5. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    i'm tempted to make another design and order it printed out from Art's Hobbies again. i'm thinking i can make a better design than the one i ordered.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I like that you're standing by your love (or like) of VF Anime ^_^

As the anime's narrator would probably say:

"This fusion stick will be.... AMAZING!"

DomAug likes this.
  7. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    "This is a quality modification of dom-aug's eightarc... FUSION."

Chanchai likes this.
  8. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    the first post will be edited with the stuff i got in for my stick so far (just the Link quick release shaft and the artwork)

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

BTW, I have never seen the Fusion Ebony Clear Panel available on the eightarc site. Did you buy it from another supplier?

10. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    i ordered mine from Art's Hobbies (tek-innovations.com) and i have yet to receive it (it'll probably be in tomorrow during the PSU game or on Tuesday). they make the same cutout template for the Qanba Q4RAF but they offer an option to not have the Qanba start button hole cut out, which is perfect for the Fusion.

11. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Nice... digging your stick (daman, that was awkward). You didn't want different colored buttons? How fast was it to receive your custom panel?

12. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    it took almost two weeks (a bit less i think) between placing the order and receiving it. i'd like different colored buttons but they're not that cheap and i don't really have money to burn right now. i did when ordering all that other stuff but not now lol

13. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    editing the first post with the new design i'm planning on ordering from Art's Hobbies. i think this is awesome and i'll probably main this design on my stick. :D

14. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

It that an underlay or is it a metal panel with the artwork sticked on?

15. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    it will be an underlay just like my current VF anime one.

16. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    STICK MOD UPDATE: while i wait for my HBFS-30 Black buttons, i ordered 3 OBSF-30 buttons: green, light blue, and vermilion. these will replace the X, Square, and Triangle buttons respectively. i plan on using the HBFS-30 buttons for a custom stick if i can gather the resources for it without too much of a hassle.