1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding the Agetec sticks...

Discussion in 'Console' started by Nutlog, Nov 10, 1999.

1. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

This post is to Shota mainly, but I know some of the Toronto crowd can at least answer this one too.
    Exactly what materials are needed to modify the Agetec sticks to make them tighter? I don't remember who had them at the Chicago gathering, but we're looking at modding our sticks here like that. If someone could post a list of materials and any special situations (can usually only be found at so-and-so type of store), I for one would greatly appreciate it.

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

All I used for mine is the rubber tube, which you can find at any hardware store. I will bring the spare so that you can measure the specifications. One advantage of this method is that, if you don't like, you can simply take it off.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey all, this may sound silly, but I need to ask what's the best way to hold a dreamcast joystick to maximize control. Do you grip the ball on top? Or do you grip the rod of the stick itself by holding it in a fist? Or do you rest your hand on the base of the joystick and place your index and middle finger (in a V-shape) around the base of the stick?

Wolfstudent

4. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Re: Holding the joysticks

It's not silly, I think everyone goes through wondering what's the best way. There are quite a few ways to hold, but followings are the 3 methods that I think popular.

1) Wine glass
    Holding the joystick as if you hold the wine glass; letting the stick through between index-middle, middle-ring, or ring-pinky. I used to use this method as I was once a SF player.

2) Pinching
    I don't know what else to describe; but take all of your 5 fingers and "pinch" the ball on the top. I find this method quite unstable and cannot use. But I saw Chibita and other good players use this method, something I just could not understand.

3) Glove holding
    Perhaps the most popular method, as I observed. Place your thumb on the RIGHT side of the joystick and remaining 4 fingers on the LEFT side. Use your thumb and index finger to shift the joystick left and right. Other 3 fingers are more for the support. I use this 3) method(and so does adamYUKI and many others, but who else?).

God...I am just not too good at naming things(perhaps because I spoke English for 6 years; note that I'm older than 6 years though). But I hope you at least can visualize all 3 methods.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i use that glove holding style for everything but SPoD's because i have trouble going from back to d/f with that style, and its also kindof hard for the f,f in the end of the DLC but maybe thats just me

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Sk8kid, wanna play sometime?
    You live around Northern Va right?
    Competition is so scarce that vf gets kinda boring...due to lack of competition of course :)
    email: elee8@gmu.edu

bleh :p

Slippers Akira.

Oh if you only knew. /images/icons/crazy.gif

7. Guest

Guest Guest

man, i would jump at the oppurtunity but my parents are real strict about meeting people that ive seen online and that stuff(im only 14) so i dont know, my dad lives in VA but im usually at my moms house who lives in MD(i go to my dads every other weekend).

Northern virginia, i played against a nova hockey team a few years back and almost shut them out but a damn wrist shot over my glove caught me off guard. i wish i could still play hockey but my dad isnt rich enough for that and snowboarding, oh well