1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Modified Sticks

Discussion in 'Console' started by CIN, Feb 10, 2002.

1. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I should put this in general but anyways here there is more traffic /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Mods if it violates the rules just move.

I have a Tekken 3 stick and I would like to know how to modify the stick to include the select button since it is needed to access the VFnet card and to load the character. Is it possible to just swap the board with a PS pad board and wire a new button?

Help please. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

2. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I might not be able to help, but of course you know you can always plug in a regular pad first, load your charecter, and then plug the Arcade stick. That would be okay for Kumite, and playing against one friend with no change in charecters/models, but I know that it would be a hassle to do that every time if you will be playing with a couple of friends and also changing levels. Why does a Tekken 3 stick lack a select button, if it is a Playstation stick?? (Sorry, but I can't recall how the stick look like).

Sorry I couldn't help. :O

3. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I guess you could wire one of the (8?)* buttons to it. Not many fighting games use all (8?)*

* In case that there's 6 of em, unless you play capcom games, you won't miss it.

Me and my brother are building a DC > PSX/PS2 adapter to use only with the grey/white/green stick. I'm strongly considering wiring it to the Z or C-button, depending on how easily you hit those by mistake.

4. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

The stick is a Tekken 3 hori stick. It has 4 buttons and start. I need to know if it is possible to modify it in any way to include a select button. I have a butcherd stick and I could take one or two buttons from it and wire it to a PS1 pad board. The question is how?

Mirkan if you make the adapter please give me the instructions. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

5. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Oh sorry. That was me but I forgot to logout my brothers username. LOL

6. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

...Me and my brother are building a DC > PSX/PS2 adapter to use only with the grey/white/green stick.

I want to do the same thing. Would you be willing to reveal how you are doing this?

-DMan-

7. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Sure thing CIN and DMan, if we succeed I'll post instructions on the forum. Be on the lookout the coming weeks, /versus/images/icons/smile.gif