1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

modifying the hori tekken 4 stick

Discussion in 'Console' started by Shadowdean, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I just got mine from toysnjoys.com and it seems a little loose. How do I go about tightening the stick.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved.

Originally posted in "Character and Technique Training" board. Why this was posted there to begin with is totally beyond me. On second thoughts...

3. Shadowdean

Hmm, called a simple mistake...bet thats not beyond you...

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

No offence Josh....but..

Com on, U've been here long enough.

5. Shadowdean

I know, that post was made while in the middle of a huge rush while getting ready for opening night of a play...
    Unless I am mistaken, I think EVERYBODY makes a mistake while in a rush. If you or myke have not, well damn - congradulations for you two.

6. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Josh, disassemble the stick and find the spring that warps around the pole. Once you find the spring pull it a bit wider to make the stick tighter.

7. Shadowdean

Awesome, thanks...going to do that tomarrow :=)

8. Shadowdean

Question - I got the damn thing almost unscrewed - but I am having a hell of a time unscrewing the screw that holds the stick in so I can get to the spring...you got any suggestions for keeping it in place?

9. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Well, if it's built like the agetec stick for Dreamcast, that screw isn't in fact a screw.

Look for a small metal plate attached around it, remove that by forcing it away with preferably two flat screwdrivers. Then you'll be able to pull the plastic off and get to the spring.

Hope this helps.

10. Shadowdean

Hmm, time to open her up again! I don't recall seeing any more screws..

11. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

First unscrew the bottom metal casing. Then unscrew/remove the joystick base that house the 4 directional microswitches. After that unscrew the ball of the stick, you might need a screwdriver to stablize the other end to get grip. At this point, you'll be able to remove the pole housing from the joystick case completely. Looking for a washer like 3 way lock at the end, pop that the housing will fall apart. you'll see the spring then. If you cut the spring the stick will become looser, if you pull the spring the stick will become tigher. Don't pull or cut too much because it's not easy to reverse the process.

12. Shadowdean

Cool, then I was on the right track - thanks. My main problem is when I try and unscrew the joystick shaft, the damn joystick rotates (as it should!)..I am thinking of using a rubber grip to keep it from rotating.
    Thanks a bunch Shang!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Can you do this with the ASCII FT2 joystick?