1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Modifying the stick

Discussion in 'Console' started by LemonMan, Mar 15, 2002.

1. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

I've got a MAS stick (www.massystems.com), with the hard-spring stick. I'd really like to have a looser stick, but I'm not sure if the best way is to order a new stick with a softer spring, or if there's some way to modify the existing stick to give it a much lighter touch.

Any suggestions?

2. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

WD40..j/k.

Try this post.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=24619&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=24619&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1</a>

The information that might help you is the translation from the japanese web site the describe the modification done on the hori stick. It can be the same modification for the mass stick. Who knows, just trying to help.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

This should help you out, it's about a mod (concerning some issues with the stick). Can't really see the micro switches, but I guess it's better than nothing.

PS2 VF4 Stick Modification

BTW, can you give us your best translation of it? Is it just simply tightening the stick by modifying the spring?

-Chanchai

REPLY>>>
    Chanchai ...
    Page is for the person who thinks stick (lever) is to heavy, how to do it a bit lighter through cut of a bit of the spring.
    He has cut of a round of the spring, but cut of just a little bit and test it. And he says that he swiched to the arc-buttoms too.

<hr></blockquote>