1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Montreal - Lets get something going.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Cuz, Jun 15, 2006.

1. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

I'm back from temporary summer hybernation, what did I miss?

i've been trying to pick up new characters to see wtf makes them tick... so weird, leads me to return to use my normally usual characters

2. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

Good for you.

Zero drops Sarah (his main) for either Aoi or Pai. She is just so boring to play.

3. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

I may start playing Vanessa...just to change things up a bit.

4. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

So, anything happening this weekend?

5. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I'll try to get something going for the weekend starting the 1st of Septembre. Anyone interested?

6. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

I am. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

7. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I'l postpone it until more people want to play. Besides I want to play Warhawk right now. piou piou.

8. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Warhawk is awesome, but VF5 is better. =P

So, anything up for this Saturday?

9. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

hey people, I'm in crunch mode this month at work for an FPP blah, so I will be an extremely boring person this September :p

In October I will be cool again.

LOL Warhawk, I bought the packge at BB for 39.99, I kept the headset for myself and sold off the game for 20 bucks to a friend.

Team Fortress 2 and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD will be my ONLINE games of choice this fall

10. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I've had some serious overtime to get out of the way, it'll be gone by next week. Issue is that my interest for VF is pretty much gone. Maybe it's time to find a new HQ?

11. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we can have the gatherings at Fagan's place if he doesn't mind. >_>

12. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Hehehe :p

13. Jinmaster

Jinmaster Well-Known Member

14. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

thanks Jinmaster for the invite, but I'm not tourney caliber at all, I would get beat down rather bad and feel depressed hahaha

15. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Hmmm...Maybe next year Jinmaster (it's a yearly event right?). With school and everything, I just don't have time to travel this year. That and the whole money issue.

BTW cuz...WTF? YOU KOed OUR SCENE!

=(

Pfft, no interest in VF...impossible! <.<

I have a theory:

Cuz wins "Montreal VF Championship 1", then gets Warhawk and suddenly "loses interest in VF" and "has overtime" because he simply doesn't want to lose his current title as champion. >_>

You scared Cuz? Scared we may take the title from you? Are you afraid we all pulled an Akira and trained in the mountains (Mont Royal) to become the awesomeness? YOUR REIGN AS MONTREAL VF CHAMPION ENDS ON __________!!!

(insert date of next gathering please) =D

<_<

16. MysticBoudha

MysticBoudha Well-Known Member

Long time no see. Like Cuz i got bored of Vf or rather got really into Guilty gear and tekken since none of my friends played vf and a lot played these games. But i converted quite a few of them now and am back on vf. If we ever need a meeting place i will be able to arrange something in a house on the south shore of montreal but since its a house it would be a pretty big place.
    And im talking about big ass event like all nighter or something like that.

Only thing is to get back as i was before in vf. Need to stop blocking backwards /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Anyways if you guys are interested keep me informed id really like to get a community going in a pretty active schedule. At my place i can have a few people come whenever they want pretty much all the time since my job doesnt take a lot of my time.

17. MysticBoudha

Ok ill keep posting until i get some answers. I know some of you guys have a lot of interest in VF and for my part i simply have a lot of interest for fighting games overall so im really interested in organizing weekly gatherings of fighting games. Only thing i cant promise is that Vf will always be the only game sometimes ill have 2 or 3 tv's in order to get people from other games to gather also. Im aiming for VF, Guilty Gear and KOFXI as my main 3 games maybe also tekken But vf and guilty are my top choices 3D and 2D /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

18. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

Just wait a minute. You said KOF is a boring FG. So why do you put in your list?

19. MysticBoudha

guess i didnt knew the game well before but after playing the kof xi i take back my word zero /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif you were right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

20. MysticBoudha

Well looks like you are the only surviving VF player besides me in montreal. Well i hope people will get into it again ill try organizing something for a few months so lets hope people start posting a bit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif