1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

More new shots at core

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by akiralove, Jan 8, 2002.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    coremagazine.com has some new PS2 version shots up. Look like they were scanned from a magazine.

Still, they show some of the original modes, and show a Vs. screen with the 2 players win/loss data etc. VF.net style (could be Kumite I guess). Also they're some shots of the original stage.

Core claims these are from the final version, but there are still no hit effect light sources, even though the stage lighting has become more complex (notice how the fence in wolf's stage casts a shadow now). Have they removed that feature? I hope not, I've grown to like it.

On a side note, a new batch of Jap. magazines have interviews about the conversion with AM2. AM2's official line is that the graphical quality went up. Some of the textures look washed out to me in spots. They say that for the character models, they used the same modeling data as the arcade version...

Spotlite

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Maybe they removed the hit lighting effects for version C?

3. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I noticed that on some screens the players had no shadows.. Is it the same with the arcade version?

/Mirkan

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

there are only three stages in that batch of pics that had no shadow...
    Pai stage
    Vanessa stage
    new unknown stage exclusive for the ps2

even in the arcade, I hardly ever saw shadows on pai and vanessa stage.

Must be the water effects that's directly below pai n vanessa's stage.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Like the hit lighting?

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hmmm? what do you mean?

Spotlite

7. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I think he's asking if you really like the hit lighting. That was my interpretation anyway. It would be a shame if the PS2 version didn't have it -- I like it too -- but hardly the end of the world. As long as it feels right, runs at 60FPS and looks reasonable I'm happy.

grib.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Yep, you interpited right...well, I guess after this weekend, I can have a opinion on it...