1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

More Ver. C chunklets from Pyrexia.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by CreeD, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

No. No, we cannot. I'll be sure to remember that the next time someone makes such a bizarre statement...

2. Mr. Bungle

oohhkayyy...

Well, we didn't really want you there anyway so k thx gg!

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

LOL, how did I know that was coming...

4. Mr. Bungle

We had Summers look it up when we were debating it - the book says nothing.

Actually I made a bet related to this GS debate, I lost it, and the result was that ImaShroom post, in case anyone was wondering just WTF that was about.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Uhm, it's listed as a normal throw in the Black Book; definitely not a catch throw.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Uhm. It's a normal throw with a longer execution time then?

Oh, I just thought of this. Say Wolf blocks Lion's D,f+P, which is throw counterable, but just *barely*. Lion does d+P immediately after recovering from the uppercut, Wolf goes for a throw. HCB+P+G and df,df+P+G are guaranteed... is the Giant Swing similarly guaranteed?

(Edit: I used Jacky's knee as an example before, but the knee is Px counterable by characters with fast punches, so that's not exactly the best hypothetical situation.)

7. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

On Sarah
    ---------
    Guess, I'll start using flamingo a bit more, now that it will be safer to get into and out of.
    Dropping her P+G throw damage a bit was probably a good thing.

<hr></blockquote>

No! Her P+G throw is a rather decent throw. Fast with good damage for a normal P+G. Apart from a messy situation when escaped, very reliable. Guess I have to use the Leghold Takedown more often.

8. Mr. Bungle

VP resident Wolf expert GodEater says that the GS cannot be used as a throw to mC blocked moves, unlike most (all?) other "normal" throws. It's too slow; Wolf can be thrown and attacked out of it.

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Ver.C Sarah Bryant.

Personally I recommend the f,db+P+G Fallen Angel. Its escape execution is far more specific than the b,f+P+G Leg Hold Takedown and stops inexperienced players from escaping by mashing the stick left to right. Plus, a pounce (df+K Soccer Kick is recommended) is more likely after it than any other throw in her arsenal with the exception of her b+P+G Lightning Knee Smash, but that does peanuts so I don't bother using it unless I want a quick strike in a crunch time moment of a match, but even that throw can be escaped with ease too.

Besides, with the exception of the FL: 270+P+G Kick Tornado in the Flamingo stance, a float then a combo should always be your prime directive with Sarah. Especially in the Future when Ver.C will show everyone the true power of the <font color=red>Flamingo!</font color=red>

10. Mr. Bungle

I can't understand half of the moves you're talking about.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I have to admit, I have no idea. I've used the GS interchangably with the other throws with no problems, but I haven't tested in controlled experiments.

12. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

i'll qualify this since I'm now involved in the discussion.

I still get the T&H after mC'ing moves but only against standing defenders or attempting to crouch defenders otherwise, if the opponent wants to *jam* on attack buttons I miss. I've been repeatedly d+P out of the T&H in what I used to believe were guaranteed throw situations and would thus put forth the notion that it cannot be used to mC throw safely.

GE

13. Mr. Bungle

**I still get the T&H after mC'ing moves but only against standing defenders or attempting to crouch defenders**

But then it's not mC at all, no? mC means connecting during recovery and the opponent can do nothing to avoid being hit/thrown.

14. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

*Feixaq, Wolf cannot be P+G interrupted a la catch throws. And what you see as the attack interrupt is probably from the whiffed throw animation. Black Book lists it as a normal throw*

EEEKK!! wrong answer. Wolf CAN be interuppted with ANY normal throw IF it is a non-guaranteed throw situation. I have seen the throw interuppted by normal throws DOZENS of times in Kani-Spo, West Shijuku, Club Sega Akihabar/Ikebukoro etc. Granted it is harder to interup that traditional catch throws like Wolfs f,f+P+G, but it can be done.

Wolfs GS is rare in that it a catch-throw that executes very quickly. It retains some catch-throw properties like being able to interup moves (get Jeffry to do b+P at the start of the round and get a WOlf player to do GS for a perfect example), and being normal throw interuptable. You can't really class it as a normal or catch-throw because the properties don't match the 'rules' of either throw category. I'd argue Akira's f,b+P+G is another throw that is border-line normal/catch throw.

Anyhoo that's my 2 cents for what it's worth...

15. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I know. sorry, my misuse of the language. I meant to say mC situations. It could be that I am slow to input but I honestly doubt it since--if anything--my Wolf has become more potent and frame oriented.

GE

16. Mr. Bungle

pyrexia has a pretty extensive <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/verc.shtml>list</a> of rev C changes up now. seems pretty definitive; i think most info was gotten from arcadia.

20 points for jeff's b+P+G..blarg. and a head crumble for jacky when his b+P MC's...err..

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""Wolf CAN be interuppted with ANY normal throw IF it is a non-guaranteed throw situation"""

Adding my 2 cents here
    supporting UK-GUY~

18. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Wolfs GS is rare in that it a catch-throw that executes very quickly. It retains some catch-throw properties like being able to interup moves (get Jeffry to do b+P at the start of the round and get a WOlf player to do GS for a perfect example), and being normal throw interuptable. You can't really class it as a normal or catch-throw because the properties don't match the 'rules' of either throw category. I'd argue Akira's f,b+P+G is another throw that is border-line normal/catch throw.

Sarah's flamingo throws are the same way. They act like catch throws that can be reversed. You can interrupt Sarah with a throw of your own or any attack while she slides forward.

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yupa, can Sarah's catch throws actually be "reversed?" I.e., once the throw detection has already taken place, can you still get out of the throw and do you get a special throw reversal animation? I've always thought that you can only throw-interrupt Sarah out of her FL catch throw, but this is the case with most catch throws (not sure about stuff like Wolf's b,b+P+G and Vanessa's f,f+P+G).

As for Wolf's GS, check out a post by Llanfair somewhere. Basically it's a normal throw with fastest input, catch throw with slower input. I can barely tell the difference, though I guess I must've always been inputting it as a normal throw as I don't have problems using the GS in throw counter situations.

BTW, maybe it's just my eyes, but the GS whiff throw animation seems exactly like the KS whiff throw animation. Now that I have the PS2 version, I can say this with confidence...

20. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Some Japanese websites say that Wolf's GS is executed with the same speed as light character's punch. (Which is about 12 frames)
    If that is true, it explains why GS cannot be used as a throw to mC certain throw-counterable moves.