1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

More Ver. C chunklets from Pyrexia.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by CreeD, Jan 23, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Dayum, light character's punch is 12 frames?? Well, hopefully the Blue Book will answer all...

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Pai's Light Punch is 11 frames. Lion's 12. (blue book info)
    Increment by 1 frame per class?

Fast input GS = Normal throw (8 frames)
    Slow input GS = semi-catch throw? (12 frames)?

Extra info:
    The normal (fast input) GS deals 100 (ver.C) points of damage (without TR, TR -20 pt damage) and if the opponent fails to TR, a pounce is confirmed and totaling the damage at 125.

3. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Yes I didn't find out till recently that Wolf has 2 GS! Fastest input version has less range, whilst the slow input version is the one with insane range, but catch-throw properties.

Many Wolf players use the slow, big range GS to grab you from distance if you are running towards them.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Many Wolf players use the slow, big range GS to grab you from distance if you are running towards them.

Mo,
    This is only for Ver C right? Ver B only has the one giant swing throw.

The quick input throw should make the GS usable as a reliable mC throw then again.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yupa, can Sarah's catch throws actually be "reversed?" I.e., once the throw detection has already taken place, can you still get out of the throw and do you get a special throw reversal animation?

According to virtuaproject which is based on the black book movelists, the 2 flamingo throws are listed as reversable with P+G and f+P+G. I've made my statements based on this translation, as I've personally never seen a special flamingo throw escape animation. (My bet is that if there is a special animation, it's the same for both flamingo throws as their initial startup animation is the same.) I've only had the flamingo throws stopped by crouching opponents, attacks, and being interrupted during the slide forward animation with any throw the opponent chooses.

Has anyone seen a special throw reversal animation for the flamingo throws? Adio? Vansen? You probably have a ~10 frame window just as Sarah makes contact with you to enter the [f+]P+G to get the special throw escape animation if it exists.

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

No. I've never seen it escaped either. As you say though, crouching and quick attacks during the startup animation have been the only ways to avoid them as far as I know.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

time to do some testing on the PS2...

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh I've escaped it before~

9. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

If the slow input GS has catch-throw properties, does it mean that it cannot be escaped?

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

nope, it's escapable.

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Sarah's flamingo throw escapes

Re: Sarah's flamingo throws:

We did a little bit of testing on Sunday, but could not find a specific animation for escaping Sarah's 2 flamingo throws. Sarah either got the flamingo throw or was thrown by her opponent during the start-up animation. I will test this more once I get my own PS2 VF4, but for right now I'd say that the flamingo throws are catch throws in every way that we define that term-- long execution time and unescapable.

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Sarah's flamingo throw escapes

Cheers, that's been my suspicion as well.