1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat 11

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, Apr 11, 2019.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on jt? It's the undisputed king of gore pron - that we all know.

What do you guys think of the game balance? What did you guys think of MKX?

I didn't play MKX and I haven't played MK since deadly alliance during my childhood. Nevertheless I've heard that with mk9 they got a bit serious about balance but since the animations looked lame I decided to pass it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about MK11 yes it's a little cheesey but the game looks great - better than Tekken 7 actually

2. GustavoHeisenberg

What do you think of an MK vs SF?

Personally I'd love it with:
    MK graphics
    MK violence
    SF game balance

Roster:
    SF: Ken Ryu Akuma Bison Gen Chun Li Cammy C Viper...
    MK: Scorpion Subzero Ermac Reptile Liu Kang Quan Chi Shang Tsung

3. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

Well, my silly self is struggling with retail therapy at the moment, but I might buy it anyway, since I only have a Nintendo Switch.

I wish I had the interest like I did when I was young of spending so much time on fighter games and chess. Nothing seems to replace them.

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  4. GustavoHeisenberg

Try learning a new genre of games.

Btw try burnout revenge - its not "just a racing game"

Lygophilia likes this.
  5. Lygophilia

That's something to be considered than risking my money on repeated dead ends I've been consistently making I with this genre. I went as far as I could go without having the money and time to travel so I may have a chance of progressing further.

With chess, there was and still is competition in my state, but with fighters offline, are scarce. The one thing I regretted is that I shouldn't have dropped chess' competition in my state years ago to pursue this genre's competition, because I always stood at somewhat above mid level in FGs (which is unfulfilling to me) without the convenience of a dedicated scene.

Nonetheless, I'm at this point of my life where I may have to either take a break from the genre and expose myself to new things or drop it altogether.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. Lygophilia

Perhaps it isn't my time yet to let them go. My therapist would always recommend games like chess and fighters due to it's high concentration. Without them, I get even more depressed, so they benefit from escaping from my outside problems, at least from a borderline. They still seem to be a vital part of my life.

I can expand on them with re-adding Tetris, but I tend to play puzzles games anyway. I use to be an all around game player when I young, but I need replay value from my standards to the highest degree.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

@Lygophilia
    Check out Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, which is also known as,
    Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X in Japan.

And check out the Puyo Puyo Fever games.

Both are Tetris styled puzzle games, but they are different from each other
    and really fun too. If you have a dreamcast emulator, you can easily play
    both games, no matter what region, the game is from.

Spoilers:
    In Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, the final boss is Akuma aka. Gouki.
    And he plays, very, very cheap.:holla:
    I was fortunate to beat him, in one try with Ryu, a few weeks ago.:D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  8. beanboy

I haven't played MK11 yet. But so far, the game looks really good.

The game doesn't look too balanced. And if so, I am glad.
    Because playing a game, where all characters are at the same
    level, is kinda boring. Beating cheap characters, with normal
    characters, is always fun.:p

MK and Tekken, have both always been called, cheesy, ridiculous
    unrealistic and over the top, by gamers for many years. But MK was
    always like, way more fun and super ridiculous.:p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  9. Lygophilia

Thank you, I've played that years ago, but I will get Crystal Crisis in May, since it's a puzzle tribute to Capcom's work. Puyo Puyo Tetris is on the Nintendo Switch, which I have.

I'll skip on Mortal Kombat, but it's kind of unfortunate that I have this arcade stick for like 3 fighting games only. I miss the eat, breathe, and sleep dedication that I use to have. I accept that I'm no longer carefree anymore. I'll turn to things that are even more toward educational games.

Your post kind of had me thinking on what I should do. Thank you still.

beanboy likes this.
  10. beanboy

No probs dude.
    Oh, I forgot to mention Wetrix, which is also on dreamcast.
    I have watched people play it, that is one unusually fun game.:)

11. beanboy

GameXplain put up an 18 minute vid, showing MK11 in on the switch.
    Titled: 18 Minutes of Mortal Kombat 11 Nintendo Switch Gameplay!
    Despite a few downgrades in the visuals, it's looking good.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  12. Lygophilia

I just couldn't stay away for long, lol. Changed my mind about this game, because other genres unfortunately are flat to deal with sadly. Fighters and chess predominately for life I guess.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. beanboy

Someone on Matt Simmons, Shantae stream last night, said that after watching alot of MK11 streams, he couldn't handle the gore anymore. He needed a change. I don't blame him.:p

14. beanboy

I haven't played MK11 yet, but how are you guys, liking it so far?

15. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    I had mk11 about 6 weeks and I liked it at first . Great graphics and decent story...but the gameplay seems to reward scrubs and people to lazy to put in that work. Gameplay got boring after a while and seemed to lack depth. I sold mk11 and brought tekken 7 and I'm very pleased with tekken 7. Mk11 is fun if depth isn't really important to you and you don't want to really practice a lot. Tekken 7 is for people looking for more depth and wanting to put in work and get very serious about a fighting game.

Just my opinion.

16. beanboy

I know it's your opinion.......

But me....heck no. Lol.

If I wanted to play a decent, serious fighting game, with some actual depth, I'd play Soul calibur or Virtua Fighter. Moreso, older fighting games like Soul Calibur 1, VF4 etc. No way I'm going to pay alot of money, like $50 or $60 for a modern day fighting game, that plays like an early 3d game, with lots of gameplay restrictions, super basic combat, and plays like it's still stuck, or built on early 90's hardware. Unless it's for fun.

But despite that, I respect your opinion. You probably have your reasons.

I haven't played MK11 yet though. I heard that the previous MK game, was better and more fun. And when I heard, that another nerf patch was released for MK11, that kinda killed it for me.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    masterpo likes this.
  17. beanboy

Aye! It's Spawn!

18. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

MK 11 plays nothing like MKX. Very different games..don't be fooled by how similar they look.. they share the basics .. and that's it.

MKX is a rush down game.with tons of 50/50, ultra quick gameplay and super responsive moves. Tons of juggling. Tons of spams. Tons of zooning. Fun to play.

MK11 is MK2 ( arguably the best MK) on steroids. Much slower paced than X. Much less 50/50. Watered down juggling and combo. Tons of punishing. Very neutral. Hard to transition to from.X as it feels very slow, but once you are in... It's just amazing IMO.

I prefer MK11. It's the best MK when it comes to gameplay and animations. The graphics are crazy good if you care about graphics and presentation.

The gameplay is really great.

19. beanboy

MK2!:D

leftylizard likes this.
  20. beanboy

Terminator, now Robocop. So many surprises in MK11.
    If they put that Liquid Terminator, from Terminator 2 in MK11, that would be sick!:D