1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat 5 could leave VF4 Standing

Discussion in 'General' started by Ura_Bahn, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Indeed, NTSC is horribly, horribly outdated. The only reason most PAL games run/look like crap is that the programmers are too lazy to optimize them.

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol, soo your saying that PAL is better than NTSC??
    man what a fucking n00b we got here! :rolleyes:

3. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

hell if games and dvd were done in pal properly id get them! games like wipeout are better in pal, an other uk made games, they take in to fact pals supirour res and i would rather a pal game with 50 and 60 hz mode compared to a jap only ntsc (displayed to the left) game, with a 50/60 mode you in effect hav a diferent version!
    anyway ur 2 stuck up ur own ass to know other wise

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Chucky tell me youre birthday , I need to know it so I can feel sad on the day you were conceived .
    What did this world do to deserve someone like you , havent we suffered enough yet .

Advantages of PAL and PAL60Hz .
    Higher resolution , better colour definition ( NTSC is lovingly reffered to as Never The Same Colour ) full frame buffer , RGB support ( play DC games in 60Hz on a good PAL TV and you get an image superior to VGA Box , image is as sharp and detailed without the jaggies ) .

Dont blame publisher lazynes and stupidity on a superior format , direct youre complaints to those companies who refuse to UPGRADE the games to take advantage off PALs superiority .

Oh and please refrain from anny and all attacks directed at Zero-Chan .
    Insult her again and feel my wrath ( you can insult annyone else including me for all I care but hands of off Zero got that .......... well do ya .........PUNK )

5. Zero-chan

Don't forget the fact that NTSC's coloring was originally designed primarily to make sure color images would display correctly on B&W TVs. If that's not outdated I don't know what is.

6. RandomHajile

an is neary 50 years old, hell i bet chucky would prefer to play in the old 440 res:)

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

to me mk2 was the best of the series and is still a favorite of mine. another fave of the violence trend was primal rage. that game was THE start of air combos. i can appreciate all fighting games.........for the most part.

8. RandomHajile

to me x men cota was the true start 2 air combos, hell i think it was the f'ed up street fighter champion editions as well with the air moves

9. gaishou

i forgot about the bootleg versions of sf2............sonic booms
    all over the screen.........what ever happened to other games getting booted?? i've seen a few but most were shite.

10. RandomHajile

hell, you can hav your own jacked version of most capcom games under the Final Burn emulator! super turbo with air moves an super shadows is well slick!

11. THE MYTH

THE MYTH Member

I almost agree. I think MK2 was awesome, but I thnk I enjoyed Ultimate Kombat most. I think alot of people liked MK2 more than the latters was because it started to get old. The same applies with alot of things. IMO, people enjoy the first sequal the most (most of the time). By the time the 2nd and 3rd come out, it is just business as usual (except in VF's case).
    I also enjoyed KI much better than KI2. Not to say, I didn't like KI2. Just not as much as I enjoyed KI. To be honest I wish they would release these on PS2.
    This comment is not to offend anyone. It is just an opinion. But, I will try out MK5 when it is released.

12. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Speaking of Killer Instinct...

There are rumors that Rare are interested in doing Killer Instinct 3. (for Gamecube naturally)
    There's a strong possibility that it could become a pretty good game. Interesting to see how it would turn out nevertheless...

But that's for another thread, some other time.. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. RandomHajile

hell ima try it out as well, if mk4 was anything to go by i'll be getting nuff joke from the cheasy qwan chi fire balls again! but mk mithologys on psx is still the most evil/joke!

14. gaishou

shit i forgot about both KI also. theres a ki2 machine in orlando off semoran i sometimes visit, but i wish i could find a ki1 machine instead. someone SHOULD come out woth new home versions of all the classic fighting games. they do have the power now to do it...........

15. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Im gonna say it one more time(just for retards like yourself) if a PAL game has a 60htz mode and you switch it to the 60htz mode, it's gonna have ecsactly the same speed AND resolution as any other standard NTSC game, if however you choose to play it in 50htz you gonna have a little better resolution but who gives a shit when a tv's resolution are soo bad anyways, further more your gonna end up with giant borders making the game look utter crap and gay speed making the game almost unplayable, soo next time stfu when you try to get tech. in here. :rolleyes:

16. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Just a general reply to this thread...

I think people remember games like Mortal Kombat 2 with rose-tinted glasses. I played it about two weeks ago, and it is very poor, in my opinion. Fighting games need to meet certain criteria before they are considered "good". These include things like character balance, and a good range of attacks. In these vital areas, MK2 falls way, way short of many other fighting games.

The animation engine (or whatever it's called) is also embarrassingly weak. When a character kips up from a sweep, it seems as if the whole animation took about 3 non-moving images to produce, played quickly so as to cover up how rough it looks.

MK2 and all other MK games are only good for novelty value: play with a few mates who are too pathetic to give you a game at something decent (such as tb or Tekken 3), and there is some enjoyment to be had. Otherwise, the game out-and-out sucks, in my opinion.

Comparions to the better Street Fighter games is fairly laughable. Comparing it to something like Tekken 3 is just as bad, if not worse. Anyone who would even think about comparing MK2 and VF3tb is, well, 'wayward', in my opinion /versus/images/icons/smile.gif ...Not that anyone has here.

17. Zero-chan

I wouldn't call a guy a retard who owned a gamestore which sold both PAL and NTSC goods and knows the technical difference better than anyone here.

18. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Chucky Denmark is it ?
    Hmm im in Belgium , mind iff I pay you a visit ?
    Im sure youre dentist will appreciate it .

19. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

yeah I should really listen to you uk_kid, I played your crappy scrub Kage which is prob. the worst Kage I have ever seen when you where in copenhagen last time with gnug and the gang, not to mention that you looked like the king of all nerds. :rolleyes:

20. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

why dont you come do DK and say that shit to my face nerdboy??