1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat 5 could leave VF4 Standing

Discussion in 'General' started by Ura_Bahn, Feb 15, 2002.

1. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Heidi?? lol dont tell me your a fucking girl?? LOOOOL!!!

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Heh, true about the rose-tinted glasses thing, but at the same time, there are many games that are considered classics that wouldn't fare so well if released today. I mean, not many people would want to play Zelda 1 if it was released today. I don't think anyone argued MK was the deepest, I certainly don't think so, but it's still fun to whip out from time to time.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

ahh wasent he talking about MK II??

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

What is wrong with that neglected brain of yours?

Just for the record: I have never met, or played VF3 against, you. Stop hallucinating/fantasising.

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It took you several weeks to figure out what everybody else here realized within 10 seconds. You deserve a special achievement medal or something.

6. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

<sigh> To get off the latest flame war, I agree with you that a lot of "classic" videogames have aged worse than others. But that's also true of pop music or movies. A Frank Zappa album like, say, "We're Only in it for the Money" is far more relevant back in 1968 than today (even though it remains an excellent album). Same thing for games, probably even more so since most titles are heavily "inspired" by a few genuine classics.

7. Goom

Goom Active Member

The original Mortal Kombat was fun and popular because of the "newness" and the visuals. The motion captured characters looked good, the ninjas looked cool, Goro looked awesome, and fatalities looked stunning. As the "newness" of fatalities and Reptile (or later, Ermac) wore off, you were left with a bland fighter with a different visual style.
    Not sure about others, but I would buy MK:DA for entirely different reasons than Virtua Fighter 4.