1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - First video ever!!

Discussion in 'General' started by chucky, Feb 24, 2002.

1. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Gamespot has put up images and a video of the new upcoming MK game, and may I say it look damn sweet, the video shows Scorpion doing some crazy kung fu stances, looks almost like Lei Fei or something only with fireballs, damn nice visuals as well. thumbs up Midway..
    <a target="_blank" href=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2849951,00.html>click here to follow the link.</a>

2. TONY_T

TONY_T Active Member

Hell yeah i saw that, the graphics are probably the best ive seen for a fighter, i just hope the game plays as good as it looks..
    but yeah those visuals are stunning.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

well they did promise a whole new fighting engine, and by the looks of this video it could be very good inded.

4. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

yeah, but looks can be deceiving. I think it looks good too, but I also said that when I first saw a glimpse of MK4.

Not to say that this will be the same, but I am trying not to get my hopes up for this. But, the teaser for the game was pretty impressive and it did get me in the mood for some MK playing.

I just hope it is ot a let down because I have always enjoyed the MK series (minus MK4 and all the other side stories).

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

yeah your right, lets see some actual gameplay first.

6. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

yeah but looks can be all to deceiving. Don't get me wrong, I was also impressed by the teaser, too. I just hope the people at Midway can correct the error of their ways from MK4.

I have also liked the MK series (except MK4) and hope that MK5 is a good game. Actually, after seeing the teaser I was really in the mood for some MK (which hasn't happened in a lonnnngggg time).

I am trying not to be anxious, but the the teaser looks good and I am a huge Scorpion fan!

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

but your right, the MK4 trailer back in somewhat 1997 or soo, looked very nice, and then when the actual game came out, then... yeah well you know the rest, but this time around however it looks like the characters(scorpion) is not limited to a single hands of moves-uppercut,roundhouse and sweep, and the gameplay has much more to offer.

8. Goom

Goom Active Member

Hopefully MK5 is successful. I really enjoyed the autumn of '92 when the original hit the arcades.

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Sadly I dont think MK5 will be coming out for arcades, just consoles.

10. Cynn_Samhain

Cynn_Samhain Member

Re: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - First video ev

The movie's great. You can get it from mortalkombat.midway.com in quicktime as well.

I love Scorpion's new look. MK char. design is great save for some attempts. (Kabal, and Cyber Ninjas.. God..) And the Pallete clones of old.

They are promising a whole new engine and are even bold enough to say it will bring MK to it's former glory.. Those are brave words for a publisher who's been embarrased by the last couple of games. We can only hope that something profound was done and the game is indeed a rebirth and not just PR smoke up the public's asses.

My only problem with the game is they say it will include weapon fighting like 4. To me, weapons were the lowest point of 4. I did love being able to throw them though. lol There was always that cool moment where the guy you're fighting pulls his weapon, you punch him the the face like a bitch, he drops it, and you beam him in the face with the bloody thing! lol Every time that's done, fights would almost break out. Tapping into the lowest human emotional slime. Now THAT'S the MK spirit!

11. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

It does look very nice inded, I can't wait to see some actual gameplay.

12. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

can you say sub zeros ice wand, freeze, uppercut, freeze,
    jumpkick, jump punch, slide, freeze, uppercut??? lol......NO ONE can touch either my sub zero, or scorp. hasnt happened ever and never will. pre game graphics look good, but that doesnt mean squat.......i've seen so many shots taken of prerendered scenes before the game, that the game gets put to shame by the screens..........why hype it so much, than have it be a letdown.

mk5 needs to-

1. go 3d, not mk4 3d, more along the lines of vf and sc or GO BACK 2 2D STOP MOTION........
    2. make fatalities as gruesome as possible. not rehash old fatalities like subbies and kano a la jarek. cmon big deal its in 3d now.
    3. no stupid babalities/brutalities.........laaame.
    4. possible animality but lez be more real this time ok??
    5. SLICE HIT STOMACH, DISEMBOWEL, THEN EAT HIS SMALL INTESTINE WHILE PLAYING WITH HIS LARGE INTESTINE (a la slience of the lambs II brain eating), PROCEDE TO RIP IT OUT AND CHOKE THE OPPONENT WITH IT, OR BETTER YET, MAKE HIM/HER EAT IT???.........
    6. perform fatalities on BOSS characters........why in gods name can you not do this??

nuf said

13. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Is it me or

Do Scorpions hands look to damn big???

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I know ecsactly what your saying, the actual gameplay we just have to wait and see, but Midway have stated that the fatalitys atleast is gonna be the most 'gruesome' as you put it, anyways no matter how the game is gonna play im still very excited about the whole thing.