1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Most complex combo I've seen

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, May 4, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Is that even real? The graphics are pretty good. Oh and also the combo.

3. Shadowdean

Yep, thats real all right

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Can someone who plays T4 please tell me this combo is escapable/avoidable somehow (like teching off the wall or something?).

How do you judge complexity in a combo? To me, that didn't look more complex than say a dead body infinite in MvC2 and I can think of a load of combos, from much older games, that are way more complex than that. For the most part, that combo involved repeating the 1,2 cancel and just popping him up again when he hit the wall, and doing it all again.

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I would hope that initial wall hit allows a tech-roll off the wall (or whatever you call it when you tap 1 when you are slammed into a wall), but it probably isn't since I've seen many Lee combos in the octagon that follow that same pattern.

It actually gets quite boring, monotonous, and not all that impressive after awhile (well, not even initially depending on who you are).

Sadly, it's what I mostly see with low damage characters... comboing in the octagon (and if I understand things correctly, some communities make fighting in the octagon necessary in general or something to that effect), along the walls. You'll see it with a whole bunch of characters, since comboing directly against the wall seems to allow the person to tech-escape off the wall.

Anyways... for me, what bugs me about it (aside from looking like it's potentially a true infinite) is that there are a decent number of long combo sequences like this, but look at how much damage is scaled to the point that, you end up sitting there watching the guy combo for who knows how long. Part of why I get annoyed of watching Lee vs. Lee matches (with or without walls)... see a lot of combos, they do squat for damage, and as a result, the match is insanely slow overall.

At least that's how I see it anyways... and why I eventually got bored with Tekken 4. I just get tired of the game's overall pacing.

-Chanchai

6. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Actually. The whole thing is unescapable because the JF in the begining prevents you from doing anything till you are on the ground. But I mean, its not like this makes Lee top teir. He is one of my fav chars buuuuut. Thats just one combo on one level that one person can do. I couldnt even do that if I practiced all year.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The damage scaling, imo, seems to be what makes Lee not top tier. I see combos similar to this all the time, but hardly doing any damage... but to me, the end result of it all is a very slow and boring match as Lee tries to do just decent damage (and taking his bloody time).

It's just something that doesn't appeal to me with Tekken 4... I mean, I get bored of watching Jin/Steve/Kazuya/Bryan matches after awhile, but when you go to characters that do small damage but more combos... on paper I would think it would make the match more interesting, but to me, it kills pace because it almost seems necessary for these characters (if they choose the combo route) to do juggles that just plain take forever to do decent damage.

Just a preference issue I guess, but I feel that after seeing it for awhile, the intensity of the match is completely gone for the most part... much of the combos either don't feel as threatening (low damage) and/or feel like a waste of my time.

But the tier issues don't bug me... But of course... there are many (and this isn't meant to condescend on them) that appeal to games where they can see combos like this and others so they'll love the game for that. Whereas, I like combos, but I'm much more interested in rapid showdown and mindgames coming one after another, with quick resolutions to keep the action on its feet. Most preferably if the mindgames involve much more than two options on both ends.

-Chanchai

8. Shadowdean

Hehe, get good with Tekken's jail rapist - Murdock :-D

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hey, shadowdean, are there anymore where this came from? perhaps kuma? jack? or paul?.. this is a great clip!

10. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Kuma doesn't NEED long combos, he does 70% off an f,f+2 without them /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

11. Shadowdean

I have no idea, Cause (Phil) dug that one up.

12. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Heh, why would they even give the strong characters long combos. People wouldnt even be able to survive 5 seconds of it.

13. number 6

number 6 Active Member

This combo is not escapable. There are two different types of wall stun. The normal one when you hit a wall whith your back during a juggle allows you to wall tech, and avoid the juggle, but possibly wind up getting hit by a wall tech trap. But the stuns in this combo are wall side stuns. If you hit the wall with your side you are just screwed- can't tech, can't escape the stun.

All of Lee's 1,2~f repeat juggles are not really hard. What is impressing people about this combo is that he starts is with the f+3[3]3 just frame (hard move) and ends it with the b+3,3:4 Mist Trap (single frame timing). Not to mention he throws in some flashier than necessary moves along the way (i.e. the b+1,1 cancel, and the u/f+3).

If the victim had sidestepped before the start of the round, he might have hit the wall at a different angle, making it escapable.

The parking garage stage has a glitch in it that means you can't wall tech at all off of the pillars. So in this stage at the right location, just about every char can do almost infinite juggles. For instance Castel had a Paul combo vid in which Paul does like 12 or 14 consecutive jabs in a juggle.

I don't know anything about MVC2 so dunno how it compares to those combos.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Haha, this clip made me laugh...

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I think the better Xmen vs. Street Fighter combos take the cake for complexity. I've never found a great treasure trove of movies from the game, unfortunately. There are a few on cornertrap.com.

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

creed, try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.gamecombos.com>gamecombos.com</a>, they have an awsome selection of X-men vS & MvS exhibition movies with up to 99 hit arial raves...