1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Most gratifying move to get off is?????

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by egghead64, Apr 16, 2002.

1. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

supposedly, to answer your question bare_knuckle, i think there was obviously some timing to the senbon punching, it sorta came down to

G,P,K...G,P,K...etc

that's how i thought about it; if you thought about it as P,K..G repeatedly, it tends to screw your brain a bit.

the key was obviously NOT to g-cancel immediately, but to g-cancel when you saw the punch retreat and the kick begin(i'm probably telling you stuff you already know)

btw, i've never gotten more than 3 senbon punches in a one VF2 combo(and even then, that particular time was an accident, i didn't think they would come out); because my fingers weren't adapted at playing on a controller.

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

yeah, i'm sure i was'nt waiting for the kick animation to g-canceling in attemps, it's just trying to press 3 buttons in order fast whilst not missing any out. i think it might have something to do with the button layout on the saturn virtua stick, if i had a traditional mega-lo stick & buttons perhaps it would work for me.

i think i've only done about 2 max, cheerz for the input anyhow.

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

the only time when i could do more than 3 was when i tried doing the infinite senbon punch combo alone, y'kno, do P,K...G until the opponent rings out or is K.O.'d...just outta boredom. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. Boumxyz

Boumxyz Member

any of these combos with Jeffry

b,f+p f+k b,d/f + p, p ( does around 86 )

b,f+p+k d+p b,d/f+p , p ( does 98 )

And also the Crouched side low throw of Jeffry is pretty fun to watch. hehe /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

For me, it's Lion's HCB+P+G throw. Love that throw.

Or his back throw where he scratches your face from behind. Hahaha. Good stuff.

7. Jythier

Jythier Member

The coolest move to see was when Akira did the grab-the-wrist-and-slam-em-across-the-ring move to ring out me, in the Temple stage, and we both went flying off together. Most gratifying to get off is any of Aoi's reversals, while my opponent screams at the screen. Oh, and my friends and I are all in the habit of doing down attacks after the KO. :p Brutal.

8. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

any of Aoi's back-turned reversals.

They completely convert your opponent's confidence into a puddle of shame; they usually end up lowering his morale for the remainder of the match; AND Aoi looks good doing them (like BEJEEZUS HOW DID SHE DO THAT)

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I'm surprised nobody mentionned Akira' s SPOD!
    my fav is probably Sgpalm into wall --> SPOD --> pounce
    I LOVE SPOD ! ^_^
    Next fav is Jeff P+K+G, P, -->+P+G hard to pull and not very damaging so very gratifying.

10. mourning_zero

mourning_zero New Member

Lau's F, P+G with opponents back to a wall. Of course it hardly does any damage slamming them into the wall like that instead of the floor, but a quick follow up with any of Lau's insanely fast combos holding them against the wall is enough to make anyone in the room cringe.

Actually, the absolute best is Kage's TFT (B, P+G) with your back against the wall on temple. Just toss the poor bastard right off the cliff. For extra style add the second half U, P+G and go with them Kage style (head first).

11. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Erm. I always think Shun's [BT] P+K+G,P,P,P with the last P as hit throw looks really cool and That's the ultimate insult to my opponent IMHO. I mean really, you can never ever make your opponent get hit by the last P unless he or she is really a newbie. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Clumsy_Mohel

Clumsy_Mohel Member

Um, even though I don't play with him, I have to second TFTing with Kage and then grabbing the guy in midair to take him out of the ring. It looks really sweet (it happened to me in Lion's level), because you flip out of the ring with the guy and slam him into the ground as he realizes that you just ringed him out on a stage where it rarely happens. Also, it's cool if it happens just as the guy is crossing over the fence (or whatever else is there), so that it seems ambiguous as to who really went out first, but for whatever reason he lost (that is, if you're going for pissing them off as well as humiliation).

13. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

I think its all about throwing people over the fences with kage. When im fooling around....people always know its commin when they get me near the "parameter" and I start to smirk.

14. Broken_Bottle

Broken_Bottle New Member

I would have to say... repeatedly using the Shun's Hand Stand to rolling Elbow... when the opponent starts to turtle it (and when you have 30+ drinks in you) roll to HS pause let them start blocking, then do Frankensteiner (P+G from HS)... that always pisses people off... and it does mass damage when Shun is bombed....