1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Most Irritating Kumite Fighter?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Cappo, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Hey all!!! I hit 5th Dan with Pai! Woot!
    I actually fought a Subjugator Pai or something She had Black and Purple on, i beat her 3 straight rounds with 1 Excellent at the end =) My most irritating Kumite fighter would be a Sarah named KissMe, she is a 2nd dan, but she always seems to get me scared...she really irritated me when i had a 13 win streak going, then she pounded me to crap!

So post the most irritating Kumite fighter youve been up against!

2. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Anyone?!?

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Most Irritating Forum Poster?

These forums are not a poor-man's chat channel.

If nobody replies to your question (which is totally unrelated to gameplay, mind you) then ask yourself why. Don't take it personally, just let it go.

As homework, you must read the Posting Guidelines (the sticky thread in this board), which you seem to be breaking almost every time you post. There'll be a test on Monday.

Class dismissed.

4. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Man chill, delete the thread then, just simple.
    Ive been seeing some of my threads disappearing, whats up with that? It cool just dont flame me for a simple mistake Sheesh.

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

""Ive been seeing some of my threads disappearing, whats up with that"""

They haven't disappeared. They've been moved to the correct board, QnA board, which they rightfully belong there.

"""It cool just dont flame me for a simple mistake Sheesh. """

It's called rules, which u DID NOT follow. Don't even attempt to victimize yourself.

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Man chill, delete the thread then, just simple.

That's what I usually do with your retarded posts. And the rest are moved into the forum they should have been posted in to begin with.

Ive been seeing some of my threads disappearing, whats up with that?

See above.

It cool just dont flame me for a simple mistake Sheesh.

No, "it" not cool. I usually reserve flames for those who keep doing the 'wrong' thing and are too blind to see why it's 'wrong', even after several obvious clues. Blatantly disregarding the posting guidelines, and repeatedly failing to comprehend what the purpose of board descriptions are what I consider more than a "simple mistake".

Anyway.

7. King_Ruckus

King_Ruckus Member

Let me start off by saying that I'm "new" here(this is post #5 for me), and I'm not looking to cause any problems.

That being said, I'm not really sure what's wrong with the question he asked. It's a Virtua Fighter related question, where else SHOULD it go? When I come to this site, here's what I see for the "Virtua Fighter" forum....

"Virtua Fighter

The place to discuss Virtua Fighter, from combos, strategies, techniques, to other VF miscellaneous topics."

Doesn't a question about "Most Annoying Dan Character" qualify as "other miscellaneous topics" ?

The only other forum you might want this thrown in is "Q&A". Here's what the description of what that forum says...

"Q&A

Use this board to ask simple questions ("How do I..", etc) pertaining to Virtua Fighter. Questions specific to the home version, controllers, joysticks, etc should go here too. Newcomers are encouraged to use this board!"

I can see how "Questions specific to the home version....", would qualify, but is there really a need to unleash the flames? It just looks like an honest mistake. I didn't see anything offensive in his post. Just an honest question.

I see that you mentioned something about him doing things like this before. Maybe he's actually learned and just made an honest mistake:/.

It DOES look like he bumped it when no one answered(which is uncalled for, but something that most first time posters do), but that's something else.

I'm just asking because I myself am a "newbie", and don't want to get hopelessly flamed for choosing Forum A instead of B.

Thanks.

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

King_Ruckus, the very concerns you raise will hopefully disappear after the coming overhaul that's planned on Versus City. I will admit, off the bat, that the boards aren't as clear cut as they could be.

However, the question he (Cappo) asked, in my mind, belongs in Q&A because it's specific to the Home Version. Also, it's basically a simple (how/who/what) one-liner question, so score another for Q&A. The answers to this question are more likely than not going to be one-liners too, so again -- Q&A. I initially set up Q&A to capture all these one-liner (yet valid in some people's minds) questions so that the Virtua Fighter board can focus on discussion rather than humoring questions like who's the best character, combo, sandwich maker and dish washer.

Let me assure you, and everyone, that I don't burn people for making a simple mistake. I let a lot of shit slide, but I do pick up on the repeat offenders, and eventually I reach boiling point. In Cappo's case, I didn't 'flag' every bad post of his, so of course you have no visibilty of it. You, and everyone else, only see the one post I decide to put my foot down on, and I can see how it looks like I'm just jumping on him for no reason. In retrospect, I probably should have done this via PM, but all the "newbie noise" was just getting to me so I was partly hoping it could serve as an example to some.

So, I don't want to give the impression that newbies aren't welcomed here because that simply is not the case. But I only welcome newbies who can prove to be resourceful, and have a genuine interest in learning the art that is Virtua Fighter.

But those only interested in learning the "best combo" for the "best character", improving their rank (against the CPU), collecting Items, and play dress up with their Character will probably find that they're more welcomed at a place like GameFAQs.

9. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Whatever man...
    Seems like you havent had a good day :meh: PM would have been enough

10. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Myke,

It does seem many of the posts I consider "casual gamer" posts do deal with questions unrelated to versus human play.

To be honest, even when I see pretty newbie/scrubby posts about versus play (e.g., I keep on getting hit by my roommate Pai's pppd+k) I'm generally pretty happy to answer the question seriously.

-Jason

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Jason, I acknowledge that there's a need to answer these kinds of questions and there are people, like you, who are willing to answer them (which I really appreciate btw).

So, I'm not shutting the door on them, they're welcome here. The only thing I ask is that the questions are asked in the right area.

12. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Im sorry that a freakin posted in the wrong SPOT... delete the damn thread or move it! I swear its no big deal, i wont get mad, cause someone has been deleting all my post for the last week now anyway. Sigh...

13. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

ha ha vf4 (days of our lives going on it seems)

14. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Not really :p My friend still breaks out the SNES once in a while =P

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""Im sorry that a freakin posted in the wrong SPOT... delete the damn thread or move it! I swear its no big deal, i wont get mad, cause someone has been deleting all my post for the last week now anyway. Sigh..."""

Sure u're sorry n not mad~

16. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

BAH WTF, lol