1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Most powerful move in VF1

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by alantan, Oct 23, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I was reading the other thread and realised that many people
    claimed to have played VF1... So can any of you remember the
    most POWERFUL moves in VF1???

I know for one, Akira's d/f+p can be repeated for like
    many many times.... and those P (MC) cruxifix... confirmed
    HUGE damage for a P(MC)....

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

akira's bodycheck was nice damage, jacky's kickflip was nice. Lau could float you for 100% combos. Elbow-heelkick and shin slicer were 100% safe if blocked /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

ugh, christ. vf1. killer moves. too many to mention.

where to start?

lau with his upkn floats is up there. upknP -> upknPPPd+K is pretty much guaranteed on heavies with any upkn float, and with lighter ones, the sky is the limit. well, actually, upknP -> upknP -> upknP -> PPPK is the limit. i have a movie of it, would you like to see it?

then you have jeff with the TKoD. you can't really squirm away from it like you can in 2/3/4, you have to bend over and just hope the jeff doesn't fuck it all up.

akira and his bodycheck isn't as high up as others might have thought - it's fairly easily interruptable (by throws, too!) and you need to be pretty close to get the 'OMFGWTF!' sort of damage. but nothing beat his RBC -> knee -> bodycheck combo for style and damage points.

to address your point about MC low punch or high punch into throws, it's not as guaranteed as one may think it is. in my play with other good vf1 players, these were indeed nasty, but far from the 100% ticking bullshit crap as people have made it out to be. to be honest, it was never more a big deal in vf1 than in any of the other games. vf3(rev A-C, not tb) was even worse, really (especially with the low kicks).

really though...jacky, in the end, was killer moves summed up. elbow kick, punt...sickening. against a really good jacky all you could do was pick lau and hope for the best.

4. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Actually, Mr. Bungle...

I would love to see any movies you have of exceptional VF1 (to honest I've never really seen any).

cheers,
    kbcat (note to Bungle -- very close to having a working 2/3/3TB setup going -- you up for an old school tourney in a month or so?)

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    cheers,
    kbcat (note to Bungle -- very close to having a working 2/3/3TB setup going -- you up for an old school tourney in a month or so?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it a fanboy reaction....but by gods Rich I hope u will turn up (if all goes according to plans) and bukkoroshiteyaru!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to extend my rsw gameplay collection!!!! ^___^

Currently, only 2 clips. :cry:

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I think Rich was referring to the introduction to the "Boston VF(3) Trailer?"

Anyways, I've posted two movies online with some VF1 footage.

Boston VF3 Trailer
    Features a VF1 Lau combo/versus/images/icons/wink.gif Introduces some of the Boston VF3 players in the later VF3 era. (10.4MB)

God-Eat-God Productions: VF1 Akira Tribute
    Sports some nice RBC combos among other nice treats/versus/images/icons/cool.gif (4.8MB)

-Chanchai

7. Mr. Bungle

there was a troth of them on the vfa, which used to be on creed's server. these movies were almost entirely of me dueling GE. calling them "exceptional" play is a huge stretch, but it gave you a good idea of what high level vf1 play was like - which was like most of the other vf games at high level, but with fewer moves.

chan posted some of GE's other stuff (thanks chan), but there's much more. no place to host them at the moment, and me being stuck on 56k only gums things up more.

i'd be up there in a fucking nanosecond for a vf2/3 meet - as long as certain other people are not there. ask GE about this..

and thx summers..

8. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I don't remember in great detail, but I definitely remember being actually shocked a couple of times by the sheer amount of damage a "deep" BC would do. Same for Jacky's kickflip on MC. Scary damage.

An "abusable" move I remember well was Pai's d/f+P (ground punch). I used to get seven or eight against CPU Shun!

CPU Dural was a sucker for d+P, d+P, d+P, u+f+K =]

grib.

9. Mr. Bungle

err..shun wasn't in vf1.

vf2 cpu was semi-retarded anyway. you never got more than one df+P against a decent human player.

10. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

power moves.

If VF1 it wasn't always just a particular move that was powerful or dangerous but how it could be put together.

Laus' upknife punch combo,. for instance, guaranteed a throw if blocked or hit. outside of the combo potential that's pretty disturbing.

Jacky's kickflip while super powerful could be blocked while crouching and even whiffed on crouching non-defenders (open stance, I believe). Akira's bodycheck could eat a whole bar at the right distance and depending what you interupted but the move had to be inputed much slower and with more precision than in the later versions.

Jacky was supremely evil with his low back fist, punt and easy as pie, PPelbowHeelkick combo. the good news was that the low back fist was low throw counterable if blocked.

Ahhh, VF1.

GE

11. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

heh, of course you're right about Shun... I'm a fool :meh:

I think the VF2 CPU was wise to the ground punch... I think I could only get that many in VF1. And of course, never against humans.

=]

grib.