1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Most satisfying move

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Elite, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Not really useful at all but I'm bored so I figured I'd ask a question

What move do you get the most satisfaction out of landing?

Doesn't have to be powerful or useful or anything. Just something flashy that's fun to land on someone.

My personal favourite is Goh's [3][K]+[G]-->[6][P]+[G]

Interested to hear other people's opinions on this.

2. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    Shuns (10 dp req for throw, facing away from enemy) [P][P][P], which when the last punch connects, lands a mean throw. you can see it coming from a mile away, and when he does land it he just lies down next to his opponent as if to say, god...you suck

3. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Heh nice. Another one for supreme "you suck" quality is the big hefty combo of Jacky's with the high kick on the end where he just steps back and goes into a cocky stance saying "Yeah!" Not sure how it's done but it's ridiculously easy to avoid and ridiculously embarrassing if you screw up and eat it.

4. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

It's kind of boring but I like a good old fashioned counterhit yoho.

Strangely floating someone for half their life never gets old.

A runnner up would be Jeff's threat stance catch throw > b, df+P+K> K,K,P on the few characters it works on.

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Yeah Akira is always fun. Dragon Lance into a wall is a great "haha I'm pounding your ass" move too. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've actually changed my mind on my favourite move. I forgot about Goh's [6][6][K]+[G]-->[4][P]+[G] hit throw since it's too easy to just duck under and I hardly ever use it. Puts a nice smile on my face against scrubs when they block it and I drag them to the floor anyway and put the hurt on them /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Kages Mid Kick reversal, because it looks nice, and still takes half the life bar /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And any huge combo after a surprise exchange, like a large throw, or hit throw etc. Because after the surprise exchanges, all you have to rely on is mind games.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I like df+K+G as well.

I really get a thrill out of landing df+P+K against an elbow and then nailing a throw afterwards, because it seems to never fucking work even though I know it's possible /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also got one of the slick rings outs by doing P+K, P+G --> f --> f --> G ... I shoved my opponent out of the ring with it.

8. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Heh like the sound of that ring out. [P]+[K],[P]+[G]-->[4]-->[P]+[G] is great for ring outs too, so much distance /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not that I've ever had to resort to that.......ahem.... /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

shining wizard [2]+[P]+[K] ~ [6]+[P]+[G] (open stance?)

your struggling in a tight match with only 35% health left each as your opp is trying to poke you to death in a high low series, then you wait as the opp is in disadvantage and tries to low p, but then, WHAM!!!, you slam something with your fist as the opp gets a knee in the head.

but wait! opponent is at 5% health!!!....

ohh yeeeeeeah.... the camera adjusts as wolf wolf shouts "UUURRRGGHHHH!!!!"
    as he's charging, then you slam something hard with next to you with your fist as wolf's fat knee pounds your opp in the head!!!

WHHHHAAAAMMMM!!!

and end the match.. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Active Member

I like it when I do Akira's [4][G][P][K] [6][P] and then hit em with either [6][6][K][K] or [2_][6][P][P] or any of his low reversals are great because it just surprises the hell out of anyone I play at the arcades here in Tokyo.

11. K_C

K_C Well-Known Member

Heh heh, mine would be Jacky's kiss of the dragon, where he does a punch to the opponent's stomach, and finally (arrogantly) pushed their head..heh heh heh..a great demorialiser to your opponent if its a round ender.

12. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

Kinda humble, I guess... but I LOVE landing Aoi's [2_][3][P], [P]+[G] hit throw... it looks nice, requires a counterhit, and does reasonable damage considering how low-risk the move is.

Plus, I have a warm sense of well-being when I land the SPOD, though I confess that I don't use it much... I can hammer out the controls well enough not to screw it up, but landing that first stun palm can be a bitch.

13. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Lau's [3][P]+[K]

WAHHRRRR!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Heh, almost as fun to land is it is annoying to eat.

15. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

I laugh like Jeff does when I pull the choke slam.

16. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

How about 3 MC SDE "Ha, saw you twitch" crumbles in one round vs. Kofu Megane's Lau which I had the good sense to follow with 1.nothing 2.nothing & 3.[3][P].

Most satifying move to land in combo or stand-alone? Akira's double jump kick.

17. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Vanessa's Mount: There's something really cool about pummeling your opponents face in like that.

Bodycheck: Especially when you get the old school half a life meter bodycheck.

Shun's Back Throw: Coolest move in the game.

18. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Aoi: [2_][6][P][4][P]+[G]
    The whole counter-hit aspect makes it a bit tricky. Nonetheless, it's pulled off more ON me than me doing it myself. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

hehe I've always loved Gohs grab throw then [4]+[P][G]
    I like tossing the ppl out the ring with it.

For some reason also I love doing [4][3][P] with Akira, lmao. Looks so funny bonging them on the head.

20. Ragnafrak

Ragnafrak Well-Known Member

[4],[3]+[P] MC -> [P],[K] :]]