1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

most wanted feauture: "mark thread as read"

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Sudden_Death, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

there are just so many post every day, you know what i mean.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

second that. I also love the ignore thread feature from usenet. I understand tho that myke doesn't write ubb and making sweeping changes in it isn't up to him...

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'd like this feature too. There was a hack written for it on an older version of ubbthreads, but it had mixed results. The next version to be released (6.0) which is currently in beta might have this feature in it, depending on the developer's schedule and priorities.

If I run out of things to do on VFDC (read: don't hold your breath) then I'll see if I can port the old hack to this current version (5.5.1). But I seriously doubt I'll be leaping over this tall building in a single bound.

As for an Ignore Thread feature, again, it depends on what the developer manages to include in future releases.

To give you an idea of the sorts of features ubbthread admins are requesting, check out this at ubbthreadsdev.com. In the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.threadsdev.com/threads/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=test&Number=45826&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=&vc=1>poll thread the developer mentions that the feature set for the next big release (6.0) is pretty-much frozen, so the results of the poll will likely influence what gets added post 6.0.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

thanks... one fairly stubby building you can leap over in a single bound:
    remember how I was sure a while ago that {url}ftp:// .... didn't become a hyperlink, but you'd fixed it so it does?

What I was trying to recall (that still doesn't work) is ....

could you fix this?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    URL Markup

FTP URLs always worked.

(url)ftp://vf.dyndns.org(/url) *replace () with []

gives:

CreeD's Corn Flakes FTP

k thx. please drive through. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: URL Markup

yay myke! you're the greatest! Australia >>>>> USA, Japan, Korea, Singapore, UK!