1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Move list names?

Discussion in 'Lei' started by masterpo, Jan 6, 2010.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Trivia Question.....

Does anybody know where they got the names for Lei Fei's moves?
    Also is there an English translation for them anywhere?

Were the names just made up by the game designers, copied from
    other fighters, or are they supposed to be descriptive in some way.

e.g. nehan shiki, Chou Chuu, Yuu Shin Ken Geki

Where do they come from [​IMG]

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You should ask power or blaze from the Dojo Chiquanshu, they seem like they would know their shit about Lei Fei being in the prestige group and all.

3. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    We have a big effort underway at dojo chiquanshu to map as many moves as we can[/size] of all of the VF characters to a real world counterpart if at all possible[/size] Once that effort is done we would like to put together some kind of chart.

But for now we're just curious to know whether the movelist names are totally bogus (made up with no reference to anything) or are they supposed to be descriptive in some real way, or were they taken from some style [​IMG]

Blaze and Power only started with VF at VF4, they don't have the background. We're hopin that some of the old time Vfers or someone that actually worked on the game might know [​IMG]

4. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Sounds reasonable enough........ but since we're talking about the Dojo Chiquanshu I hope you would not mind if I asked you a few questions that have been irking me for a while because well, I seriously doubt the legitimacy of the Chiquanshu.

First of all, who is Blaze and Power to begin with? Hell, who is Darth_Kage, Who_Pai_Want, Alchemist, Mister_Yeah etc etc. Darth_Kage... is this just another one of Darthminion's accounts to gain more attention or what?! Do you have a group photo by any chance to show me everyone? I notice a few tournaments have taken place; do you have any replays or photos that I can view of the events? Being of the Dojo Chiquanshu they have to be good, how come I've never seen any of them on VFDC? They have been playing from VF4 after all which came out 8/9 years ago, and yet not one has ever been mentioned here either which I find odd. I go to the Dojo Chiquanshu website and I click on profiles, good shit I can see everyone in it and we can forget everything I have said right? WRONG! I can't click on students or fighters under the Profile section, why the fuck not, are you trying to hide something here? I wonder if there even is anything to hide in the first place.

So, how about you tell your Dojo to sign up on VFDC? I'm sure their knowledge would be a welcome addition here and at the same time VFDC could offer them vast resources to improve their game; it's a win-win situation I just don't see why not!

5. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Kamais_Ookin,

There's no secret's my friend. Dojo Chiqhanshu, is a local scene in Youngstown ,Warren, Niles, and Boardman Ohio. Now, it consists primarily of College Chaps. Most are computer science majors. Including myself. I am currently working on my Phd in Computer Science. All are interested in real and virtual martial arts. VF is the best virtual martial arts simulation on the market. So we chose it as an organizing theme. However we will be adding UFC.

Blaze, Power, Darth Kage, etc are all local players. No real desire to get into a national or international scene.No desire to become Internet celebrities [​IMG] All enjoy their net privacy, that's why there are no pictures. Although we do have pictures from tournaments. We don't share them with the world [​IMG] No secrets here. Its just that YouTube is not for everyone.

The Chiquanshu web site is a little out of date. We update it when we have time. The girl and the guy that do most of the work on it are finishing their master's degree and are focused on that for the time being. I'm working on material for the site that will be published at some point (the moves mapped to real styles)

Some of our players have had casual play with a couple of VFDC players. We had a casual get together with Maddy and Akai, once upon a time. At that get together, Darth Kage and Sugi_pai were there. Alchemist is my son (so I think he is real) [​IMG]

No there's nothing to hide mate, not everybody plays or uses the game to same way. VFDC is but one focal point for VF, there are many local scenes that keep to themselves for whatever reason. I lecture at various Universities on AI and Simulation from time to time, and I like to ask during my lectures how many in the audience have heard of Virtua Fighter [​IMG] Shockingly there's usually 1-3 students wherever I go that are at least intermediate players and belong to some kind of local scene.

Keep in mind, Not everybody wants to be a professional player, some folks are content with their local competition [​IMG] or
    even "Single Player VF"[/size] for that matter (LMAO)

Over the years Dojo chiquanshu has thrown local tourneys where the spectators numbered from 10 to 200 people. We've sponsored them at high school gyms, convention centers, sports bars, and
    University auditoriums. We've had prize money from $50 to $400-500(a few instances higher than that) We also have a few members that are not from the college scene that are more street oriented. These members use VF to settle incidents that would otherwise result in real violence (so its more than a game for those members)

Kamais, the world is a big place [​IMG] VFDC although one of my favorite sites, is only one site and only representative of a small fraction of people who've purchased and play virtua fighter (I know that may seem hard to believe) But look at the number of sales of VF5 between the Xbox and PS3 and look at the number of people that are registered for VFDC [​IMG]

Just because someone is not known or mentioned by VFDC players so what LOL

Anyway our website will be updated at some point, but we will be including UFC 2009/2010, the EA MMA fighter together with Virtua Fighter. We will be dropping Tekken because its leaning more towards an arcade fighter than a martial arts simulation.

In the long run the website will be totally dedicated to promoting and preserving the virtual martial arts. Whether they are captured in video games or other full blown computer simulations.