1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Moved: The Official "Free Shang" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Chief_Flash, Mar 20, 2016.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No we can see the logs, but imo if you do something that policy wise leads to a warning point and you already have warning points, you should still get the warning points that come with those actions.

I don't think people should be able to see other peoples warning points. That's each individuals own business. If someone does get a ban, the duration of that is also their own business imo.

Also, are people assuming shang is perma-banned?

Ellis likes this.
  2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I can't believe I'm actually supporting the #FREESHANG cause. Trump's about to be the republican nominee and I'm calling for #FREESHANG. These are strange times we live in.

Rodnutz, Chief_Flash and steelbaz like this.
  4. Tricky

I'm saying, we as the community should be privy to the warning system. Let us see the logs for each user too. I don't see why that has to be hidden?

Let Shang be judged by a jury of his PEERS! Justice for Shang!!! I'm calling for a system-wide change in our policy. Not just for Shang, but for all of us on the site.

Rodnutz, Chief_Flash and steelbaz like this.
  5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Akai was an excellent mod and a good guy. Reading back through old threads i actualyl have no idea how he put up with your shit for so long, KO. :ROTFL:

Myke, G0d3L and Chief_Flash like this.
  6. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

You've got to admit that his poetry was epic. That alone was worth keeping him un-banned.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  7. Tricky

I still got KO on ignore for like months ago. I just look at his posts by hitting the show ignored content button. I love that button.

8. Libertine

You're missing out on tons of great posts.

Rodnutz likes this.
  9. Tricky

I see them when I hit the button. It doesn't feel like I'm missing out really.

10. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    However the 1yr ban from Akai came from the shoutbox, not threads, for simply saying "i will continue to troll, problem?" so yes I do think mods like you are a huge step up from that klown.

11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    You can ask Myke, but i doubt it. I don't think you guys would want to see some of the crap we have to shift through here, and this community is tiny. Also some stuff can be rather personal.

Ellis and Tricky like this.
  12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    His answer was too deep for you and you couldn't deal. Had to hold that L. You mad?

Tricky likes this.
  13. Libertine

As we post, @partyboy32 is asking @BLACKSTAR to host an online money match in the Shoutbox. These are indeed strange as fuck times.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  14. Tricky

If the stuff is posted on the site then it's already out there anyway. We do not need to see the warning messages or the conversations you mods have with the people in question. Just give us a way to police ourselves.

There is not a real good way for us to enforce the rules on one another without knowing how badly our peers are acting. Show the underbelly of vfdc and watch the behavior improve! Mark my words, your jobs will be easier that way. The community will also support the mods when people are banned too. This backlash wouldn't happen. It is a win-win for everyone.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  15. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Not at all sir. I am here now, he isn't. Clearly he is the one that has a problem. :whistle:

Libertine likes this.
  16. Libertine

I remember getting a warning from him over PSN for beating his Pai. What a lunatic.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  17. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It isn't always out there. Sometimes it's stuff via PM. Sometimes it's stuff on the shoutbox that happened during a quiet period and is now off the logs. Also, if you're not seeing the warning messages or conversations, what is actually different? There is already a report feature. The issue is that not enough people use it.

Ellis likes this.
  18. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    When's bstar response?

steelbaz and Libertine like this.
  19. Tricky

Isn't there some number that is keeping track of how close people are to ban status though? Aside from the individual posts people are getting? I'm sure there is a way you could have shout box warnings just come up with a generic SB related content and even handle PM's the same way. Thread posts could be deleted, but the warning that was related to it would still be there. Basically, giving folks a paper trail to follow without having to provide the details in cases where the information is unavailable or private could be instituted.

It would be a little bit of work to get set up, but I think the community would be more supportive of the mods in the long run.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  20. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    @steelbaz @Sudden_Death You guys are making this overly complicated. You want to do your part and police the forums? Its easy. When someone is being an idiot, tell them "Hey, guy. Stop being an idiot." Simple, right?

Just do the obvious stuff and call people out when they are acting in an intentionally mean or degrading manner (even if that person is your "buddy"). That's how you police the forums as a fellow member.

And if they still wont stop their harmful behavior, and a mod has to get involved, then they very much deserve their warning, which you can think of as a "strike", like in baseball. Three strikes (assuming it's actually three) from seperate occasions, and youre out (banned). At that point, you've been warned enough times and very well deserve a ban. The vast majority of offenders warned dont commit any more offenses/'strikes' after their first warning. But shang, of course, likes to be different. That's obviously his own choice, tho.

Also, if we mods actually willingly looked up how many warning points a member had before actually warning them, that ruins the entire point of the AUTOMATED warning system.

Its like you guys want to suddenly become overnight web developers or something. Just....no.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Myke, G0d3L, Modelah and 1 other person like this.