1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Moved: The Official "Free Shang" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Chief_Flash, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    He's not perma-banned so he'll be back soon anyways.

You guys must be really hungry for more of dat Tic Tac Toe.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    G0d3L and Ellis like this.
  2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    From my many years of lurking and using internet forums, including this one, I've come to notice that from the second a internet community of people thinks they can be entitled to some kind of democracy regarding the authorities and their decicions in policing said sites, things turn shit really fast. I mean all kind of clowns just come out of the woodwork and start flailing their dicks around shooting piss all over the place, it's not a pretty sight, that's why any online community of people should be ran as a total dictatorship where you do not question mods or their decisions when it comes to them using their powers, they are the cops and you are the sheeps, if you get banned, it was for a reason and you deal with it, get back in the game and refrain from activities that got you banned in the first place. You wanna appeal your ban? Bam, get banned again, eat shit. Other people tryina start some civil rights movement? Kill them too as an example for others. Mods also shouldn't display any sort of weakness in having to explain their actions to low-lifes, that's when people like KO come and try to cut your balls off out of spite.

Don't question the cops, don't step out of line, brush your teeth and eat your vitamins and bannamania don't have to run wild on you. Simple.

3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    too much off topic banter! All of y'all shut the fuck up. This is the #FREESHANG thread so only post free Uncle Shang if you are in support. Let's make the mods crack! :p

#FREESHANG

IcKY99 and Chief_Flash like this.
  4. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    #FREESHANG

Chief_Flash and Rodnutz like this.
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Folks are just asking to be able to see the number of strikes users have. There has to be a number for the automated system to work it's magic. All that's being asked for is allowing the users to see the number. It's information that's already provided to the mods now.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  6. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

#FREETHECHINK

IcKY99, Libertine, Citrus and 3 others like this.
  7. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Mods, just please. Shang is a pillar of the community (and I think a good guy) Who cares if you think he is offensive, we aren't here to hold hands and sing kumbaya. Sure you didn't ban him and it was the strike system, but I know you all have the power to unban him. So, just do it

#FREESHANG

Libertine, steelbaz and Chief_Flash like this.
  8. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I have an even better solution. As long as people act like decent human beings that can actually have a civil debate, there's ZERO need to even worry about how many points they or anyone else might have. If you're at the point where you have to worry about "Oh man, how many warning points do I have?!??", while sweating bullets, then you're already messing up, and more than likely, you DESERVE to sweat bullets and worry about every little thing you say (again, the whole point of the automated warning system).

It's easy. Just don't be a dick (and if you do, there are obvious consequences). Simple. I honestly don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about all of this...

Myke, Stl_Tim, Ellis and 2 others like this.
  9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I mean you know I agree with you. What this number solution would serve as a way for other people to check one another when they're acting a fool a little too much.

10. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    lol, almost a decent post in this dumb thread.

Nah, let him ride his ban out. You'll get to play dat Tic Tac Toe again soon enough. Now that we know how things work, how's this for a hashtag everyone:
    #ITSYOUROWNDAMNFAULTIFYOURDUMBASSGOTBANNEDINTHEFIRSTPLACE

Exaaactly.

Stop crying over spilt soy milk, plebs. The Mods don't have to change a damn thing and they've already done enough explaining. If you get banned, just frickin' eat it. And if you're dumb enough to get multiple warnings, then enjoy your well-earned stay at the Bannedville Hotel.

BLACKSTAR and Citrus like this.
  11. kungfusmurf

<<<<------- #DICK

*cough* #BULLSHIT *COUGH*

No such thing, if that was the case why brother fucking having emotions then. Your biggest thing isn't that you can't prove a point, it's that you can't stand being wrong & don't even want to try to know why.

#BOTTOMTIERBLACKPLAYER, want to have rep but doesn't want to work hard on the characteristics that holds it all together.

12. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    As someone who feels im often getting a lil feces here and there for being, i dunno, frank and not agreeing to everything, hoping for sensible, positive, things while saying meh to stuff i feel are going downhill - while sort of never reacting to shit i get by reporting or throwing it back (besides just witty argumenting back)

To me the point of maturing is about, yes, being able to have "fucking emotions", while still keep a good tone.

Sometimes these things (bans, forum rules, codes of excellent sweet conduct) aren't because the "victim" of feces-wordings, poo-talk or trolling might go and one-off him/her/it-self (tho who wouldnt want to _try_ to keep from risking that if you are a decent human?), But also because a public webpage are viewable for whoever, of whatever age, colour, gender, maturity.

There are ways to argue back to people, which takes more effort (and are more useful / OR / enjoyable then to detoriate downhill.

This is general thoughts tho, i have no idea from whence the banning happened, but i agree with sensible points when i can :)

On that other note, i think transparent report-points have no good use, its not like a points system where you'd want to have a metagame of staying just under some ratio. ^^

End of the day, what more fun then getting emotionally crazy and poo on eachoter?,
    I know - playing VF and trying to, in good tone, help eachoter improve.

Fighting can be done in.. well a fighting game? :)

Tricky, BLACKSTAR and Chief_Flash like this.
  13. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Still tons of useless banter... #FREESHANG or get out of the thread! This is why we always get into so many disagreements and flame wars on VFDC.

NO ONE CAN EVER KEEP SHIT ON THE TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic ----> The Official "Free Shang" thread

What is everyone talking? Who the fuck knows but it sure aint about freeing uncle Shang!

Free Shang or GTFO!

[​IMG]

IcKY99, Libertine, steelbaz and 2 others like this.
  14. kungfusmurf

15. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Lol at all these essays, just free shang or gtfo.

Libertine, Chief_Flash and Rodnutz like this.
  16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No wonder alts got so popular on PSN for this game then.

I only see you asking for this. I see zero reasons for stuff like this.

Oh, and #FREESHANG, just to stay on topic.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  18. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ok im gonna end thread. with logic and FACT

1. bad idea at showing # of warnings, too much work and its not even worth it. that would be waaay too much to ask. NOTHING needs to change.
    2. the warning was indeed not deserved. It was over such a small thing that even tricky, i mean for fucks sake even tricky agreed! and shang is always roasting him non stop! that's gotta tell you something right there.
    3. all people want is for YOU to admit that the warning was indeed pretty jumpy / over sensitive and its all good!
    4. im pretty sure shang dont care about the ban, its only a freaking week. keep the ban if you want, just admit you over policed this. really, you dont have to make your "job" as a mod that hard.

alright im done with this thread for good. been fun.

ps. hope you dont take this personal BS, but I only butt in when its painfully TOO obvious that something aint right. I try not to say anything I wouldn't say in person (those awkward NYG meetings, i dunno how some of you do it after the shit you guys say lol).

/done

MarlyJay, BLACKSTAR and Chief_Flash like this.
  19. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    LOL Sal all in!!! Dude @Tricky was the ultimate RR victim. For Tricky to even say these things is like living in a parallel universe. If only @MarlyJay lived in the US, he'd be in line with @BLACKSTAR for salty runbacks in RR. All you guys just automatically target Shang simply because you can't hang once he gets started. You mofos need to grow a pair and quit getting butt hurt about stupid shit. Just admit that this ban was an abuse of power and we can move the fuck on.

Rodnutz, steelbaz and BLACKSTAR like this.
  20. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    This is basically what I was trying to say with my first original post before the thread split. It's was not directed at anyone specific but lets keep it real here. Shang is and has always been labeled " the disrespectful troublemaker " long before @Myke even lifted his ban. While there may come a time when he might deserve to get banned I just think this time around it was a bit hasty and a little unjust. The community is already small and steadily dwindling so being at war among ourselves isn't really helping.

Perhaps next time a mod wants to ban someone they could PM that person directly and warn them. Maybe even including links to post where the person got out of line so they can review it and perhaps understand why they are being warned or gonna get banned. Sometimes all it takes is a little reminder for a person to reflect and see the error of their ways.

Now onward to victory! ** chanting ** Free uncle Shang............. Free uncle Shang............. Free uncle Shang............. Free uncle Shang!

#freeshang