1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

moves/combos

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 31, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

can anyone post all the moves and combos...or tell me a web site or where I can find them all
    also you could e-mail them to me

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Sure thing.

http://www.cgocable.net/~kbcat is Virtua Project and has all the moves posted by character, etc.

Any guides or strategy for characters you can find right here at Virtuafighter.com in the different character sections. You might want to check out Gamefaqs.com for some older stuff that applies mostly to the arcade version of VF3 original battle. There's lots out there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

all the moves is, like llanfair said, is at virtua project, but all the combos, no such list, as theyve not all been discovered yet unless you mean pre programmed combos but i dont think you do, so do spend your time looking for all the combos because you wont find them, allthough youll find alot.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

just a slight correction. virtua project has the best move list, but it does not have all the moves. some moves are missing. it is supposedly a direct translation of the gamest mook movelists, and only the moves printed there are included. some moves are missing, and any mistakes in the mooks are pretty much repeated.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Some times it's not necessary to list all the moves or variations of moves as some are quite obvious.

ice-9 | Sennin

6. Guest

Guest Guest

::Some times it's not necessary to list all the moves or variations of moves as some are quite obvious::
    Yes, but that still makes the statement by Anonymous correct. Virtua Project is a great site for experts who need stats, but if I understand correctly what I was told in the past, it was not developed for beginners who might simply just want to see a complete move list for whatever reasons. Some of us non-beginners have the same infatuation and curiosity with VF3 move lists. An analogy: you can read/write/enjoy poetry without understanding all the figures of speech used/allowed (e.g., metonymy, synechdoche, epistrophe,etc.), but some people are interested enough in poetic structure to study rhetoric and get a fuller appreciation. You can similarly play/enjoy VF3 without knowing all the moves, but for me, part of the fascination of the game is finding out all the possibilities inherent in the move structure, even useless ones. I have a collector's mentality -- I need to know all the moves.
    Also, you imply the Virtua Project site at least has all the important and non-obvious moves -- I respectfully disagree. For instance, Wolf's d,ub|u|uf~P hopping straight punch is for me an important okizeme attack that is non-obvious and not listed. Lion's step sweep-orbit leg is non-obvious and not listed as well, and gets used by me fairly often. Pai's df+PPP and Lau's DF+PPPP are also quite important, and probably not obvious to beginners. Lau's uf+KP (and similar autoknife producing canned combos) also comes to mind. Some interesting move variations, such as Jacky's TT f+P and Sarah's F+(PP), which have unusual properties are also missing. And there are others as well. I love VP, but it is not a complete move list.
    Regards, Imashroom

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I've never really looked at the VP movelists, so I can't really comment on how comprehensive it is. But I'm sure improvements can be made some time down the line.

ice-9 | Sennin