1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My Favorite Ninja

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by akiralove, Jan 29, 2002.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    In recent clips at Daioh, there's been a lot of 3 on 3 footage featuring a Kage player named "Edge" who I'm really enjoying seeing.

In one clip, he sweeps the entire block, against well known players like Rose Aoi and Imaji Akira. He almost does it again in the lastest clip vs a team featuring both Neo Tower and Ohsu Akira!

Edge's play isn't very fancy or mind-blowing, he just uses fundamentals, good combos, and has really good yomi (his throws are almost never escaped).

If you can't read any japanese, you'll know it's him because he always has 2P Kage with white clothes, black armor, and the bunny on his shoulder.

Anyone else impressed with this kage?

Spotlite

2. MiKeY

MiKeY Active Member

Personally i have never seen Edge play. I've never even heard of him. I personally like a Guy named Kyasao. (Kage in white clothing white armor with a white mast and black bangs across his one eye). I enjoy watching his vids and so on and so forth. He was the first tournament champion ever for VF4. I tend to watch that fight randomly with no purpose other than to study the sweet moves that he pulls off on the Akira he fights (Mukky). its an interesting fight. perhaps you should search for it sometime.

3. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the vid of him. I didn't notice nothin' too crazy until I realized he was just owning people with relative ease. Very powerful yomi indeed.

However I've got to give props to my boy Kyasao. That dude is pimp of the year with Kage and even though I hate Kage with a passion this dude makes me want to play him. I guess I'm a sucker for style.

Are there any other videos of VF4 that match the skill of the players on the Daioh vids? The dudes featured in those matches are terminally ill. When newbies ask about VF and wonder why we think it's the shit I think they should be sent to the Daioh vids and watch. Nonbelievers can see stuff like brutal Jacky's, ricockulous Kage's, sadistic Akira's, and basically just witness skills uncut.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

thanks for bringing this topic up Spot~
    I viewed the clips a couple of nights ago and found myself sooooooo impressed by this Kage player. Solid defense...with a almost unique attack pattern. Lotsa finesse I would say.

5. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

good players yes, but i hate that bastard kage..../versus/images/icons/tongue.gif