1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My friends' complaints about the low punch (he uses Aoi).

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by SenoB, Jan 9, 2004.

1. kimheng

kimheng Well-Known Member

Can you explain me,the inforcer,why Aoi's LP can beat opponent's LP if he blocks her K+G???
    -2 on block,so his LP will always beat her LP,even if the K+K push him a little far:try yourself in practice mode

About the moves anti-LP.........
    elbows,for me,are not anti-LP moves(maybe I'm wrong?)
    Yes,it beats LP..........but only If you have advantage(+2 or more)
    Moves anti-LP for me is Goh's [4][3][P]+[K],Lei fei's stance [8][P][K][G],Vanessa's [1]+[P] and [4][3]+[P]+[K]...

2. THE_INFORCER

THE_INFORCER Member

[ QUOTE ]
    kimheng said:

Can you explain me,the inforcer,why Aoi's LP can beat opponent's LP if he blocks her K+G???
    -2 on block,so his LP will always beat her LP,even if the K+K push him a little far:try yourself in practice mode

About the moves anti-LP.........
    elbows,for me,are not anti-LP moves(maybe I'm wrong?)
    Yes,it beats LP..........but only If you have advantage(+2 or more)
    Moves anti-LP for me is Goh's [4][3][P]+[K],Lei fei's stance [8][P][K][G],Vanessa's [1]+[P] and [4][3]+[P]+[K]...

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUE but like I said earlier this was tested on Vanessa and for some reason I had the idea that everyones lp was the same but all this stuff I posted works on Vanessa. Now I am not saying it wont work on other characters cause it will and alot of it works on all characters I am sure but I will retest some of this stuff and give a full report which will prove helpful in the end. for EXAMPLE: k+g (guarded) versus Vanessa put the ai set to guard and counter atack should be LP now after aoi's k+g is blocked do a LP notice it will beat out van's LP due to spacing I am guessing but will not beat out aoi's but for instance if your k+g gets guarded and you do b,f+p+k it counters all low punches /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Playing VF > Writing FAQ's

Inforcer...let's hook up and move you towards that top 20. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. THE_INFORCER

THE_INFORCER Member

[ QUOTE ]
    sanjuro said:

Playing VF > Writing FAQ's

Inforcer...let's hook up and move you towards that top 20. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am down Sanjuro son and get ICECOLD on it too, Heck I might be heading to B-town next week sometime /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Try it against Van while she is in OS stance in your testing aswell for once (her [2][P] will win then). Somethings very fucked up with Vans def style [2][P] (it doesn't feel 12frames but apparently is?). Can use things like [1][P] or [1][K]+[G] instead though (or why not just perform [3][K] or even [3][K]+[P]+[G]>Combo after the whiffed [2][P])? .

However, Aoi's [K]+[G] blocked is -3 frames (so generalisation is bye bye).
    Above -2 any elbowclass attack would normally beat your [2][P] - (that's why god invented fuzzygaurd after being hit by [P][K] to handle the elbow / throw threat better). A Van in OS can for example do [6][P] (elbow class move at 14frames) and get a stagger on an Aoi that does [K]+[G]>[2][P].

Over and Out / KiwE

6. THE_INFORCER

THE_INFORCER Member

Yeah Vans LP in ds is screwed and I dont think its 12 frames even though the frame data dose say that I have some other weird test I did that showed not everyone's LP is the same like this: p,p (guarded), d/f+k to deal with a LP attemtp afterwards wont work against some char's LP like Aoi's but will work against Akira and Vans I think it was Akira if I remember correctly and a few others when I get home I will recheck and post a list.

PEaCE OUT