1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My Jacky in Kumite

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by whodat, May 29, 2002.

1. whodat

whodat Member

Hey again, i have a bit of a problem. I've only got my Jacky to 1st dan and I CAN'T SEEM TO GET PAST IT!!! For some reason, i can defeat 4th dan's like Shun, but get OWNED by other 1st dan Lions. I don't know what to do! I've tried guarding more, but i always guess wrong. Granted, i only rented the game, but it frustrates me. I printed out various combos but some either i can't pull off or they block them. GRRRRRRR. Someone please help!

2. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

I'll help when you buy the game =). lol.

3. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Me too /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

i,ll do the same thing as the other 2 people

5. whodat

whodat Member

Ok guys, i bought the game and a decent arcade stick. I'm up for any and all suggestions. I have some combos down, but cant seem to pull them off against bastard dans =/

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Now use a real player. Jacky is for pussies... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Hey! Ease-up. Jacky may be for "pussies" as you say, but he's a great character for starting players! He's got the auto-parry, easy/damaging combos, and he's also medium-heavy weight (which is good... isn't it?). Against the CPU, combo's like p+k,p,k... p,p,f+p,p,k, and d+p+k,k,k,k,k... also, if you want to do better in kumite, learn to evade enemy attacks. Once you get this aspect of the game down, those promotions should just keep coming... /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. whodat

whodat Member

Well, whatever...Jacky may be a pussy character but this is my first time playin here /versus/images/icons/wink.gif . Also, last night i beat ATLEAST 5 dans in a row with a few 3rd and 1st kyu in there and never got a ranking match. Why is this? I beat 5th dan Lau and 7th dan lion and some other ones, but NO RANKING MATCH. Why?

9. Wedge

Wedge Member

To advance rank from 1st to 10th Dan, you have to beat other players of the same rank. Not just any other dan, the exact same rank.

So if you're 1st Dan, you need to fight other 1st Dan's. When you fight another 1st Dan, you either get or lose 1 victory point. If you get to +5 victory points you advance a rank. If you get to -5 victory points, you lose a rank. Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_ranking_faq.html>http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_ranking_faq.html</a> for the details on all of the rankings

10. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Jeez guys -- I put the smiley in there. Doesn't mean it's any less true, but realize it's a joke!

11. Hot_Rod

Hot_Rod Member

p+k,p,k eats the computer alive. And the ever popular k,k, pounce. I'm up the Subjagator and it still works on that level.

12. whodat

whodat Member

Hahaha i know wut u mean man. Recently, i have gotten him up to 4th dan, and k,k pounce is so cheap, yet so effective lol. I just have alot of problems against Aoi, she reverses everything, its insane. Any tips?

13. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

try doing this:
    df+p, p+kcharge until it releasesit self (if done right they wont retaliate, and they'll start blocking) from here you have two options 1. if it hits its gonna give the enemy a stomach crumble, what follow up attack you do is up to you 2. is if they block it, if this happen they will get staggered and you come in for a sure hit f+p,p,k. work 98% percent of the time for everyone of ANY rank EXCEPT heavyweights.

NOTE: this moe is best done after they stand up or recover from p+k,k and f+p,k or when you think you see an opportunity then take it, i guarantee they wont retaliate 98% of the time, also be careful when using it on vanessa for some wierd reason she can sometimes adapt to this move

14. whodat

whodat Member

hmm, thanks,. i'll have to try that

15. lionrulz77

lionrulz77 Active Member

Hey I think Jacky is a cool character too! (I like Lion better though) but he is so fast and I can beat opponents really quick with all those [K][K] and [P][P][P] combos etc. but I am a bit cheesy with him so can anybody please e-mail me some good combos etc. at auronmaster77@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Bye

16. 198814

198814 New Member

hey dude just get a fricken game shark or a code breaker i gaurentee you will be a high king in no time. <font color="black"> </font color>