1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My last doubts on VF2

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Nightstrike, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Nightstrike

Nightstrike Member

How do I get up fast (roll sideways,backwards,or just get up).I noticed some people roll real fast .Especially in expert mode.I always get pounced because my roll doesnt come out fast.And how do I do akira's double palm alone.I mostly do it d+p , b,f+p.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Nightstrike on 03/10/01 09:00 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Ok - without taking your head off - did you go and read Joji's Akira FAQ from Gamefaqs?? If you haven't yet - go now. Stop reading this and go read it.
    Any movelist will tell you that Akira's Double Palm has the motions *b,f+P. The '*' means from crouch. You must be crouching. Just pull down, man. Hold it. Then go b,f+P. Yep, it's that simple. The reason you do it so easily from a low punch is because the low punch automatically puts Akira into a crouch. You can also modify the Double Palm but prefacing it with a crouch dash (df,DF or db,DB) - you can get really fast double palms out using the db,DB,b,f+P motion and it will look like a double palm that comes out while standing if you do it right.

No offense, but you'll likely get little response to your questions if you don't do a bit of homework first. There's a billion bytes of info lying around on the net about VF2, the moves, the combos, the strategies. Just look around first. It's not hard.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>