1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My Lion Strat

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Jilber, Jun 8, 2003.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Re: Hey Jiber!

The followup throws after the catch can be escaped with either [6][P]+[G] or [4][P]+[G], depending on which direction Lion dodges. A good tactic for Lion is to dodge, then use [2_][6][P] to interrupt their whiffed throw animation as they try to option select against the throw.

2. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Yes, you can escape the followup throws like Dre said. The catch itself, however, is inescapable and, though i'm not sure about this and unable to check right now, the [P] series is guaranteed. At least the first two hits are...

I don't know whether this makes it a throw or what.

3. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ragnafrak said:

nevermind lol.. but i'm not sure if uf+P+G is in evo

[/ QUOTE ]

It is in evo.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    pltan said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Ragnafrak said:

nevermind lol.. but i'm not sure if uf+P+G is in evo

[/ QUOTE ]

It is in evo.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, no it's not.

The preliminary evo movelist of lion on this site erroneously shows that he has this throw. When I get around to updating lion's movelist to ver.a, this error, among others, will be fixed.

5. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Hmm. Coulda sworn I've done it on the PS2. I'll go check it.

6. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

My mistake. I mistook the throw you're referring to as the [4][6][P]+[G]

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

FYI, [9][P]+[G] was in the first beta, but taken out of the second (unfortunately).

I always heard that
    [6][1][P]+[G][P][P][P] was blockable with [6_][G] but I've never done it. I don't play many Lions, and I'm only able to block Akira's similar catch a couple times out of the hundreds of Akira's out there.

8. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

the catch [P][P][P] is definitely blockable with [6_][G].. ive had it blocked a few times

9. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Still trying to block my friend's catch --> P series using [6_][P], and i still can't manage to pull it off. I concede that it's probably just something i'm screwing up... any special timing needed?

10. GaijinPunch

Yes, that's a safe bet, since the command is [6_][G]. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

lol, yeah, i suppose that would be pretty difficult, eh?

Problem is that sometimes i have to make these posts between either my boss or my woman hanging over my shoulder. Has to be done quickly (which ends up synonymous with "sloppy"). And i have to be all stealth and shit. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. GaijinPunch

As ya do. We've all been there -- I know how the "boss over the shoulder goes" although my new place of employment is about 1000x more lax than any other job in this city.

13. lynxdark

lynxdark Member

Easy combo there.
    It reminds myself when i just started out.

14. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

I have a couple of combos

[4][4][K] buffered [P]+[K] then [K][K] and then a down attack.

And 3 small ones

[6][6][P] then [6][6][K][K]

[4][3][P] then again [6][6][K][K]

and[2][K][K]+[G] then [1][P][P]

15. GaijinPunch

As your post reminds me of the pointlessness of my first.