1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My new favorite Wolf combo!! :)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Mar 22, 2002.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

This may be old news to some of you, but I love it.

Just came across a Wolf combo that is pretty cool. Not sure of what (if any) the requirements are. Don't think there are any except that the opponent not wiggle out of it. Anyway it's

f+K+G, f+P, db+P+K+G (or any low throw), (looks good and does good damage). /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Also like doing:

f+K+G, b+K+G, P+G

Hopefully this is a combo not too many are familiar with so I don't get reamed for posting old news. Anyway, this may be old news for some, but I haven't seen it on the combo lists I've seen. Oh well. If anyone hasn't seen it. Hope you like it!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Later--

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

this is a very cool combo... I think I've also seen ppl get kuzure down/crumpled if they are hit with f+P after hitting a wall... for example PPf+P (oppt hits wall and staggers for half a second) ... f+P (kuzure down) ... low throw.
    Not sure if it will work, some wall stagger animations are short, and others are pretty long.
    A last bit, if you want guaranteed damage instead of risking an escaped low throw, maybe wolf's b+K+G combo would work instead of the low throw.

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Those are good setups, and I won't ream you for stating them now...although they're nothing new /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

However, if you like that setup - you'll like this one: P+K (charge), f+P, low throw. The nice thing about this setup is that the f+P is guaranteed and not struggleable after the P+K.

cheers,

4. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Oh no Akira2001, you are now using Wolf. Watch out! I better not sweep you anymore! lol.

5. akira2001

Thanks for the tips CreeD and Llanfair. I will give it a shot and see what happens. BTW, any other sweet Wolf combos?

Do you know of any good followups to either of Wolf's low punch reversals?

Thanks again-- /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

d+P+K -> b+P -> HCB+P,P This is for when you reverse the opponent's right LP

d+P+K -> f+K -> d+P -> b+K+G,K For opponent's left LP

d+P+K -> b,f+P+K -> d+P -> f+K For opponent's left LP

You can pretty much substitute knee and SS and after d+P, b+K+G,K, knee, or f+P,P. Combos depend on opponent's weight and stance of course.

A really cool and damaging sequence/combo:

stagger (such as P+K charged) -> u/f+P -> b+P -> pounce

Have fun.

7. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Ever feel like everyone's doing the same combos ? So you start improvising unused combos that take off shit damage but you still do them 'cuz at least no one else does /versus/images/icons/smile.gif i.e. My classic mid-shdlr, screw shot, f,d+K /versus/images/icons/smile.gif <- the most useless combo ever...

8. akira2001

Thanks for the advice ice-9. I will give it a shot.

Also, anyone find any good followups to b+P (on flop)? Best I get is b+K+G,K.

Thanks again-- /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

After b+P, I usually use d+P, f+P, P. But I believe it is weight dependent. I don't usually play Wolf.

10. Neoshinji

Neoshinji Member

Hmm... interesting tactics... does the f+k+g still allow the combo to stun even if it is guarded? thanks.

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

sorry to cut in, but are there any paticular good setups for the rising f+p stagger?

thanx in advance..