1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My VF4 Report from Hayward

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Doesn't DLC stand for Dragon Lance Combo? Unfortunately its been a long time since I've had a chance to play VF because of lack up competition in Atlanta, so I don't remember the move commands off the top of my head. I think it started with b,df + k

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Re: My VF4 Report from Hayward Pt. 2

About my friend, he definitely showed that the game is more accessible to newbies. I mean I tried to get him to play VF3 (he's more of a Capcom whore) but all he pretty much did was PPP, E, beat knuckle, occaisionally kickflip and throw. In he comes in VF4 and gives us both a run for our money.

Even though I haven't gotten used to moving around like in VF3 yet, I'm with with ya in that it'll take its time to blossom. I just hope it's like 3 and we'll still be finding ot new stuff in three years.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

DLC = Dragon Lance Combo yup, it starts with d/f+K+G then a forward punch then the part I almost always screw up...back then forward ( retrun to neutral) then forward+P+K. HIRO, NYCrew, AdamYuki, ICE-9, Pic, Hiroshi... all made it look easy... ;>)

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I think it started with b,df k

It's d/f K G, f P, b,f,f P K. After d/f K G, let the joystick go to neutral, then enter f P.
    You're from Atlanta, I see. Are there any arcades that still have VF3? I live in Jacksonville, and the trip up there to play against competition would be well worth the drive (I believe it's a 4-5 hour drive?).
    Lemme know something, because I'm dying for competition!!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>

P. S. Sorry nycat, not trying to step on your toes. I must have posted at the same time you did.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ghostdog on 07/11/01 12:36 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. Guest

Guest Guest

hehehehohohohahaha... I enjoy writng, thinking about and playing VF3 way too much... The timing and specific circumstance preferences for execution is best asked of accomplished players, such as AdamYuki (imho) et al...

6. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

GhostDog, (I thought I was logged in when I posted earlier)
    a couple of years ago I saw a machine at Perimeter mall, and there may have been one at South lake mall. Unfortunately those are long gone now. I know a few guys who like VF but no one around here seems to play now. I had to resort to learning tekken, MVC2 and SF3 since thats what everyone was playing.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by DMan on 07/11/01 01:52 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

for jeff and wolf i don't bother doing PKG's for the knee P P P knee combo. you only save about 2 or so frames when doing PKG's over PG's. their punches recovered in 5 frames (!).

also to whoever it was...knee P P P knee isn't even possible in vf3, afiak. the most you could do was knee P P knee with jeff afiak, and that was insanely difficult.

8. Mr. Bungle

crouch dashing wasn't 1 frame (you can be hit and thrown out of it, as with vf3's), iaigeri was an advanced float tool only, PKG'ing (PKG-throw) was easy with everyone that could do it and senbon nokku was extremely difficult to do and a rare site anywhere (and cheap). 2.1 arguably made akira and lau stronger over everyone else, and CD'ing and PKG-throw was unchanged.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

good question , anonymous.......

Are there any slow replays.....

In VF3 when you press (P+K+G+E) toghether after the K.O you'll get a slow replay(in VF2 also). It looked so cool you could admire all the beauty(relism) in some of the moves, for example Taka's fantastic throws.

Are there any slow replays in Vf4?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨???????????

10. Mr. Bungle

you only needed to hold E.

11. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

"Also to whoever it was...knee P P P knee isn't even possible in vf3, afiak. the most you could do was knee P P knee with jeff afiak, and that was insanely difficult."

Which was the point I was trying to make in my post about air combos now. Combos that were impossible in 3, and took some degree of skill and practice in 2 are now like "Oh yeah, did it first day" combos. Basically this is a response to Andy, and a good example of how I feel that we'll be seeing crazy stuff in this game, since this kind of thing is now possible right off the bat. And like I said, I was PGing slow.

I didn't see any slow replays, but I didn't try to get them, either. In the version I played, there's no replay mid-match, only after the last point. Same for victory poses.

Spotlite

12. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

No. At least not by holding all 3 buttons down.

-Jason

13. Guest

Guest Guest

hmm sounds suspicious....I dunno about vf having a very big combo window. like you said vf2/3 required timing and skill to pull off essentially what is a day 2 combo. You were PG'ing slow? does this mean you can do 4/5 hit combo's on a regular basis?

CrewNYC

14. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC

"does this mean you can do 4/5 hit combo's on a regular basis?"

now you got it!

Spotlite

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Think we'll see 10 hit+ combo's with crazy OTB stuff?

CrewNYC

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Fuck, your telling me , that i did hold all this years 4 buttons for nothing, oh my goood!!!

well,at least it worked ........

17. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC

I think we'll see 10+ hit combos off the wall eventually.

Spotlite