1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Myth-Busted: “Is Lion’s Pounce Guaranteed After HCB+P+G?”

Discussion in 'Taka' started by Chanchai, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Improve your wakeup “ROLL” option in #VF5US and watch me dispel an old myth (that I had spread)!

Lion’s pounce is not guaranteed after HCB+P+G! Yes, humans can escape it. There’s some timing and there’s a better mashing technique for Side Roll! Enjoy!

youtu.be/BdzIUbHx1Cg

Mister likes this.
  2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok judging from the inputs, I believe taka is in a stun state while on the ground. That technique you're showing helps also in some specific scenarios vs Wolf. I didn't know taka was the only one affected after that throw, another taka specific thing I guess.

Chanchai likes this.
  3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for chipping in on this! I should make it clear I definitely want to understand this situation better in a complete way and I’m so glad you are testing things out too!

Technically you can do my method of mashing right away, but it seems to have little effect on the “stun state.”

For added discussions, here are the mash methods I like for VF3 style wakeup options:

Back Roll: Hold 4, Mash G and P.
    Side Roll: Hold 2 or 8, Mash G and P.
    Wakeup in Place: Mash Directions and P

For Roll and K, you just do the Roll Techniques and add K or 2+K whenever you like.

For Wakeup in Place with Kick, I will test it out because I need to verify how the buffer handles P in this context.