1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Namco Stick (yellow and gray)

Discussion in 'Console' started by HighKing, May 27, 2002.

1. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

For those of you who have this stick, can you tell me how this stick feels compared to other arcade sticks, both the stick and buttons. How is it better? I was wondering because I just bought one and it should come in next week.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Stop creating new joystick threads, it's annoying.

The namco stick you just purchased has been praised by many as you would have seen had you read through the "Choice" Joystick thread in this board.

I personally have two and think they're the best joystick available for any home console, and I've tried them all (except for the t4 hori stick).

3. HighKing

Ok I'll use the search button next time.

4. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Where did u guy get this stick? I've not seen it on most websites or in the stores.

5. HighKing

6. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Hmm I could not find any auction selling it on Ebay. How about an alternate website store, or perhaps a link to a picture or something? Namco's site didnt seem to have it either.

7. HighKing

I tried looking for it on other websites but I was unable to find any. But I checked Ebay then there it was, only one left. A few weeks ago they were selling 4 or 5 of them but they were all sold.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    For reference:

[​IMG]

from this site: <a target="_blank" href=http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~phase2/game/dev_ps/njs.htm>http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~phase2/game/dev_ps/njs.htm</a>

Good luck in finding one, they're hard to come by.

9. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Ok , so its an old PSX stick it looks like.

Wonder which year it was in production.

10. HighKing

I think they made this back in 1996 but they stopped production so you've got better luck finding a used one.

By the way what are those two gray buttons on the top?

11. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

the grey buttons look like Select and Start to me.

12. HighKing

what about the yellow ones at the top?

13. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Yellow ones look like L1 and L2 to me.

14. HighKing

That's a very unusual placement of L1 and L2 buttons.

15. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Agreed, but if you look at the pic it has R1 and R2 by the 4 main buttons.

No idea why they designed it like that.

16. HighKing

Well I guess it's designed for tekken games and I don't think tekken games use L1 or L2.

17. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Who knows, hehe. The tekken series has only 4 main buttons, and the L and R buttons are usually used as a combo button. e.g. ( P+K )

18. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

I just got the namco stick yesterday and I was unlucky enough to get a defective one. One of the buttons gets stuck when pressed and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to fix this myself or if I should return it and get a new one?

19. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Grey are Select and Start buttons. Those small yellow ones are L1 and R1. Solid and fine aracde stick.

20. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Actually the small yellow ones are L1 and L2