1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Namco still up for Tekken vs. VF

Discussion in 'General' started by boxydancer, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Did anyone actually bash Tekken?!

[​IMG]

EDIT: Fuck it's a trap, the guy just likes us saying TEKKEN!!!!

2. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Why not, maybe that could actually make someone interested in playing the game. It would be far better then you telling people what they should like or making your amateur video game business analysis.

So far I think you belong in the crowd of
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shut up if you don't understand the game/suck at it.
    </div></div>

Now, please proceed with trying to get the last word in while saying Tekken as many times as possible, as usual.

While you're at it, please adress this which you stepped around answering to the last time.

3. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

Feck: Yep. Read Po's post.

Jeneric: I can see that my statement was misunderstood. I was saying that it is no longer VF > Tekken, because it has pretty much become VF =/= Tekken. (Or if you're anal about software, VF != Tekken).

I think everyone read it as me saying VF < Tekken. I wasn't.

4. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Why say ANYTHING about it at all? All this Tekken vs VF talk is just retards who suck at both games trying to make themselves feel special by aligning themselves with the game they've heard is superior, because they think that in turn makes THEM superior.

5. Feck

K, I just did that...

He said Tekken is awesome, he ranks SC, Tekken and VF as his favourite fighting games. There was no bashing at all, unless you count him ranking Tekken third as bashing?

6. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

Christ man... isn't that what i've been saying? "shut up if you don't have a clue"?

Feck: Seriously, read the part about how he dissed player skill gaps.

7. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Panda there nothing wrong with retreating. especially when your outnumbered. A whole website to two(dr dogg) we didn't forget about you.

8. Feck

Shiny we're not all idiots ya know. You're making it sound like we're all just ganging up on panda and dr dogg for the simple fact they like Tekken.

That isn't the case, shut up please.

9. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

But like I said before some of the top Tekken players here who've been playing T6 and T6BR since they came out in our arcades have said the game is not good and is worse than T5DR which itself was not as good as TTT. It seems like Tekken is going downhill in terms of core gameplay.

I didn't like the T5 games because of the the changes to movement, longer juggles, walls and wall combos. Not too sure about crush moves either. From what I've played and seen of T6 some of these things seem to have gotten even worse (especially juggles that last nearly 10 seconds and start with a normal hit juggle starter). I haven't played T6 nearly enough though so I'll be giving it a good chance when it comes out on console.

I haven't really enjoyed Tekken since TTT so what I would have liked is a TTT HD Remix like what they did with SSF2T. If done right That could be one of the best 3d fighters out there.

10. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For better or worse, to summarize -

For people with some sense - comparing two fighting games and saying which is better or worse, usually equates to..."I prefer one game over the other" or "I prefer this game mechanic over the other." Which is fine to say imho.

For people with some sense - when these type of posts get nasty, you learn to just ignore these posts or posters, because they are usually just trolling posts or posts with agendas.

I guess I should have locked this thread a long time ago (if people feel that it should be unlocked PM me with good reasons).

For the most part, in VFDC, talk however you want, but it would be nice to show some humility though.