1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Name this FT Akira move

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Plague, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i vote for original name: "SenZanKou" (SZK for acrons). thas what i been using ever since bryan said it /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Oo, i second "SZK"

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Maybe SenZanKou. Not SZK. Too hard to pronounce quickly. "Ess Zee Kay." Comes out like S-E-K if you say it fast.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll get rid of this annoying move in VF5...heh heh...I can dream.

5. nin

nin Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    akiralove said:

[6][6]+[P]+[K]'s real name is "SenZanKou": Piercing Mountain Back

[6][6]+[P]+[K][P] is called "HouZanRyouTenChi". After a long search in my Kanji dictionary, couldn't find some of these Kanji, but my best guess is: Climbing/Clawing(?) Mountain Weight/Heaviness [of] Heaven and Earth

As for what to call it, I have no idea... Heaven & Earth?

[/ QUOTE ]

The kanji means: "Climb mountain measure heaven & Earth" literally in chinese.

I kinda like the name of it, because it means " climb up the mountain to see the world" or "you cant see the big picture(heaven & earth) without hard work(climbing the mountain) in old chinese saying. I thing it's fit sto Akira's character of always trying to get stornger very well. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Plague said:

Maybe SenZanKou. Not SZK. Too hard to pronounce quickly. "Ess Zee Kay." Comes out like S-E-K if you say it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you pronounce it as Ess Zed Kay /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But anyway, you can't beat the original name for my money, and after nin's explanation of the meaning, I love it even more!

Senzankou!!!

I don't think there's a need to abbreviate it any further. No matter what you choose you'll always have to explain what it is the first time. And if you want to refer to the entire combo, then.. well.. "senzankou combo" should get the message across just the same.

Less is more.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

Not if you pronounce it as Ess Zed Kay /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek. I know. I know. Everyone in the world uses 8.5" x 11" paper, too. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    Please excuse my non-global thinking. I'm working on it.

I'll go with Senzankou.

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

No PMB nor SZK please. You NEED to call the move their official, Japanese names! It's not like anyone calls the double palm DbPm any more.... Everyone's crazy about BYAKKO!

9. geR

geR Member

why not just SC, "Slap Chop" LoL

10. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

To me the move looks like he is doing a rising fist followed by a smashing palm. So I just got used to saying, "...nice he did rising fist-smashing palm...." So I just shortened it to RFSP.

What do you guys think?

11. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

aacck!! its SZK. period!

/versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    original name...cant beat that /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. happy_GOH_lucky

happy_GOH_lucky Active Member

are names like "stun palm of doom" and "dragon lance combo" made up name by vf players. i know taht in the trainining mode it has different name. why dont sega made real english name for these move like with namco do with tekken and socal...sorry, im a noob in vf.

13. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

spod was definitely a canadian invention.

dragon lance combo, i wouldn't be surprised if that was a direct japanese translation.

14. happy_GOH_lucky

call it the "salvage sword combo" or "bitch slap combo" ..sorry, i've just recently got into tekken 5.

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

ORLY??

16. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    C'mon Kiwe, what good is ORLY? without the image?

[​IMG]

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [ QUOTE ]
    happy_GOH_lucky said:

"salvage sword combo"

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I take it this kind of sword comes from a junkyard or pawnshop. This kind of sword has no business with Akira.

No.

Not at all.

Not even...

close.

18. happy_GOH_lucky

hey..your allow to make up name for Akira's move cant you? anyway, its not my fult taht sega cant give the proper translattion for the move.

19. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Shang you're not banned anymore you fucking stupid Chink!

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Food for thought

Please look up the word salvage - it's not the same as the word savage.

Akira and savage go together like beef ribs and bbq sauce - perfect match. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif