1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Naomi 2 Arcade Emulator Soon?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brisal73, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I'd be very interested in a VF3TB...FT if that wasn't possible.

3. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    The Naomi 2 bios working is old news. Getting VF4 emulated is going to take some time. Considering its 3D and is probably the most complicated out of all Naomi games to emulate. It's a long way way off.

However, if you have a powerful enough PC you can play vf4 and vf4 evo on a PS2 emulator at full speed.

4. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    Getting closer

[​IMG]

FT never looked so damn clean...

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    <span style='font-size: 20pt'>AWESOME!</span>

6. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Give me some 3D images to #### to. Please.

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

So, if that's the case. Could both VF4:FT and CvS2 be played on GGPO soon?

8. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Wonder if they'll be able implement card emulation? Fairly necessary for FT, given move-a and move-b.

9. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

I would kill for a 60fps emulation of FT. Even with emulation errors, as long as the core game worked, that would be amazing. Card system and scaling internal rendering resolution would be crazy though.

Perhaps not what you would think, but this seems to be it...
    [​IMG]

10. CobiyukiOS

Fairly good. The models are very good. So is the HUD. It's just the stage makes it look like a drug trip, and it doesn't look like you'd be doing KNEE any time soon.

11. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    vf.net emulation?

oh yes.

12. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    So a new build of Demul (0.54) just dropped. Enhancing Naomi 2 support.. The progress they have made is staggering

I have to say they're almost there...

The fps I get is about 10-15fps its definitely playable just very slow.

Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00ghz
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB
    2GB RAM @ 1066 DDR3

It'd be nice if someone could test with a higher spec PC see if the FPS performance is better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks much better than the screenshot. Demul is using some weird compression on the jpg.

Some more images here

http://jide.animebots.co.uk/demul/

I'll do a fraps tomorrow.

13. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

this is sexy nice

14. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

I can't believe this!

15. CobiyukiOS

OH YEAH LAU 6K+G!

Still not up to it though. The snow isn't getting eaten at Lion's stage, at it looks like he's scrapping metal. The HUD is still buggy. The walls are not transparent. That's the Evo analysis. But the FT screenshots have got my pants down! Except screenshot 15 has exactly the same problem as Lions stage. It's a bad drug trip still. And the costume shows up outside the wall. Reminds me of Jean's missing left shoulder. Still, a solid effort.

16. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    Forgot to mention I enabled an option and the game runs much faster. Some stages reach 50 fps-60fps.

I took some more screens!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Wow, Jide, the progress is amazing...

Do you know if Demul is CPU or GPU heavy? I RMA'd a case for my new PC which should arrive tomorrow, so I plan on trying this out, as I've always wanted to play FT. It's a i7 920/4890 build, so I'm hoping I can get a consistent 60fps, but it might be asking too much. If I have to though, I'd be willing to try and OC the 920.

Also, is the emulator/game glitchy? Can you actually play through the whole arcade mode without it crashing?

Thanks.

18. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

So, link to the iso for ft?

19. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    I'm not sure I think it's more GPU heavy more than anything. Your pc has a better spec than mine. So it should run better. Make sure you set the GPU in plugins to multi thread for better performance.

20. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

this looks really effin cool but hopefully the specs required to run this go down considerably after they get it working...