1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

napoleon

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by chingdude, Apr 30, 2002.

1. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

what ever happened to napoleon, japan national champion?~ i still see many matches featuring the other tournament finalists, but he has seemingly disappeared.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

It's 3 am, I'm waiting for my washing machine to stop spinning..it makes alot of noise...so I can't sleep..I'm bored...so I'll chip in again...( even though I haven't been able to find out any thing abt Napolean)

I cannot tell u much abt Napolean...it's just that he's not from the tokyo district...

I think many of the clips we've DLed on the WWW features Tokyo district players.

But 2 months ago...Arcadia had a 'TINY' section in their mag dedicated to the tournament...

Tetsujins such as Kyasao n 'special match commentator' bunbun maru( no, he's not the guy that kept screaming ' READY...GOOOOO in the clips) were asked to give their views on the tournament..

both had very very very high praises for baigau lau....

Bun Bun mentioned that full credit MUST be given to Baigau Lau for coming 3rd in the tournament... esp since baigau's from an area where VF players are quite limited..compared to tokyo. Kyasao felt that the best match during the tournament was Segaru vs Baigau ...where Segaru was almost defeated...n yet managed to send Baigau Lau to the losers bracket.

not alot were mentioned abt Napolean. ( from memory..nothing was mentioned abt him)

Obviously I'm still bored..so I'll type some more.

For some odd reason..I kinda feel that some people have taken the view that Napolean is a machi...cheap..boring Jacky player....(elbow, low p, backdash beatknuckle etc etc)

If only footage of him winning Chibita was released. It'll blow many of u here away. It's not everyday u see someone repeatedly TE chibita's throw..not to mention seeing chibita making mistakes..causing himself to lose the match.

the way I see it, Napolean's a fucking damn excellent player.

Just using a very much hatred style (Playing Jacky to his fullest strength)

I hate my washing machine /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

3. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

yeah, his style is really ugly-looking (d+P... d+P~d+P) but i don't think his skills can be denied. some of the tricks napolean did in the final vs segaru were really cool, such as the f,f+K from max range to bait a throw attempt and respond with MC f+K. his dodge success rate was very high and his opponents also had little success in escaping his throws (even though he abused d/f+P+G), from what i remember.

i'm assuming you own a video copy of the tournament, so is there any way you can capture and upload the chibita vs napolean match, then? please... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif