1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NEC3 in Philadelphia Pa. all game Tournament.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Eric, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Eric

Eric Member

NORTH EAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC3) in Philly(UP)
    OK players here we go again this is the thread for NEC3 in Philadelphia Pa. at University Pinball

The Dates of NEC3 will be December 6th---8th in those 3 days there will be anywhere from 18---24 Tournament's going on but only with the players help can this happen also this year there will be EXTRA prizes add for 4th and 5th place i will let you know later which game's the 4th and 5th place prize's will be for.

I have change alot of entry fee so players can have some kind of money left over to do other things with like eat and party or do what ever.

I think this will help the numbers in some of the smaller games to.
    Also the prices on the games will be drop no more .50 cent for A3 and 3S and so on.

There will be a Team Tournament's this year the Team games will be CVS2, MVC2, A3, 3S, TTT, TK4, so get your team mates together before you get here please(you have 3 months to do this)

All the rules will be the same as all the tournament here.
    (CVS2 you can change your players order)

I will add more stuff on the thread as it comes to mind that includes extra games to

List of games and dates and times:

Friday12-6-2002) will be Team Nite
    CVS2 Team (this will be the only team game on friday)
    $5.00 per player

Sat12-7-2002)

CVS2: start time will be 1pm entry fee will be $10.00
    TK4:-- 1pm enrty fee $7.00
    TTT:-- 2pm entry fee $5.00
    ST:---3pm entry fee $5.00
    X-Men:--4pm entry fee $5.00
    MK3 ulti:--5pm entry fee $3.00
    MK4:--5pm entry fee $3.00
    MVC1:---5pm entry fee $5.00

Team Tournament:
    MVC2:---5pm
    A3:--5pm
    3S:--5pm
    $5.00 per player all team tournament's will be 3-on-3

Sunday12-8-2002)

CVS2 cont'
    MVC2:--1pm entry fee $10.00
    SC2:--2pm entry fee $7.00
    A3:--2pm entry fee $5.00
    3S:--3pm entry fee $5.00
    A2:--4pm entry fee $5.00
    MOTW 4pm entry $3.00
    HF:--4pm entry fee $3.00
    VF4:--4pm entry Fee$5.00
    Console games will be MK5, SSBM, i will add two more on later console games will be $7.00 with 10% going to the arcade

Also 1 of the CVS2 machines will have loose sticks on them to grant the wish of some of the players.

I want this to be the BEST NEC ever but i can only do it with the players help.

So thats it for now so for more info are to sign up just post or e-mail me arcade4006@aol.com I need your first and last name and the state your from and game or games you will be in.

SO I HOPE TO SEE ALL THE REAL PLAYERS HERE

Extra Info:

As expected, there should be a LOT of out-of-towners in the city for the event, so to help out those traveling individuals, here's a some hotel info.
    Links are in the hotel names.

Okay, 2 places offer a pretty reasonable rate in the $79-99/night range, and at the same time are accessable to the action. Both are located right there in downtown (Center City) Philly. Considering that they're downtown situated, those rates are kind of good, especially with more heads to split up the cost.

They are:

-COMFORT INN-

100 N. Columbus Blvd.
    215-627-7500

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-BEST WESTERN CENTER CITY HOTEL-

501 N. 22nd St.
    215-568-8300

This info was taken from 'Philadelphia Hotel Guide', for those that want to do additional pricing.

PHILADELPHIA HOTEL GUIDE

Anyone interested in finding discounts on hotel rooms, you may want to check here

For the record, there are 2 hotels located even closer to the arcade, right there on the Penn campus, but they're a bit pricier.
    You're talking $149-$254/night for THE PENN TOWER HOTEL and in the case of THE INN AT PENN $149-$209/night

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for those that won't be driving, I recommend public transit (SEPTA--SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) to get to and from the arcade, because although both hotels are within 20 minutes (driving)of UP, you'll make out cheaper than a cab.

http://www.septa.org

ANYBODY with ANY questions on getting around by SEPTA, just give me a holla--> tech_bonus@yahoo.com

As far as other accomadations go; there's plenty of spots to eat (or shop)in downtown as well as a few good places near the arcade, including a decent pizza shop across the street from UP.
    In fact, for those that choose to stay there, the COMFORT INN actually sits on the city's main club strip: Columbus Blvd aka Delaware Ave., so anyone looking to get out at some point during the weekend need only go down the street.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS here

Coming by plane?
    Try www.expedia.com and www.cheaptickets.com for any bargains out there.

Hope this helps guys.

Also Players make sure to check the sites around the airport they have great rates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNIVERSITY PINBALL
    4006 SPRUCE STREET
    P.H.I.L.L.Y
    ARCADE4006@AOL.COM
    HTTP://WWW.UNIVERSITYPINBALL.COM
    HOME OF THE NORTH EAST CHAMPIONSHIP and MARCH MADNESS and SUMMER JAM

Last edited by eric on 09-21-2002 at 06:04 AM

IP: Logged

Desperado Posted: 09-12-2002 , 06:51 PM

count me in

XXL Posted: 09-12-2002 , 07:47 PM
    I hate Vega

Yo Eric, can you not allow order change for CVS2?
    in Summer Jam lost ppl wasn't happy that you can change order between matches

eric Posted: 09-12-2002 , 07:52 PM

I will think about it i'am still not sure about that but we will see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNIVERSITY PINBALL
    4006 SPRUCE STREET
    P.H.I.L.L.Y
    ARCADE4006@AOL.COM

XXL Posted: 09-12-2002 , 07:55 PM
    I hate Vega

quote:
    Originally posted by eric

Cool thanks!
    I don't know who from mtl are going this time, cuz some of them have school and stuff. I gotta work so not sure yet. we'll get back to u soon though

Mitsuflip Posted: 09-12-2002 , 08:15 PM
    smoke????

yo eric add beach spikers for gamecube...
    Me and Som will win that game

Who The Best In Philly?

cdaskillz Posted: 09-12-2002 , 10:24 PM
    Short Hop That Shit!

i hope i can go to this ..ill have my licence by then

--Brendan K.
    Betta Reconize
    Fuck Vega...Mine is better haha CapMaster...Sucka!!

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!
    And now you will see that evil will always triumph over good, becasue good is dumb.

No matter how much I care, some people are just assholes.

In New York, f*** isn't even a word. It's a comma.

Ask Free she'll tell you to jump down/ he thought the harlem shake was a drink from uptown.

Watch out
    -Team Shaolin-
    On the rise

AV by InfiniDragon615

CTPhil Posted: 09-12-2002 , 10:53 PM
    Cali water ownz me...

*sigh*

Free money or stay retired? Decisions, decisions.

Retired.

Testament Posted: 09-12-2002 , 11:24 PM

count me in!

-OBD!!!!!!!!
    -Dave Thomas smelt like poo.

Demon Hyo Posted: 09-13-2002 , 01:10 AM
    I am Tony Starx

You know i will already be in there for mvc2, damn it is on sunday? Ouch, school will eat me alive. I know i cant stay for the whole things, unless it is a holiday on monday.

Also, i hope more of you players come, and my friends from CT better come also Dru, you and the guys made a no show for sj2

Ironman! Guide me to victory

Armor repair complete, Power Reserved at full compacity, Armor componet ready for access , all component's ready for action!

wasp Posted: 09-13-2002 , 01:32 AM
    G-UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any other NJ players are going, I guess i'll try to come.

Never argue with an idiot; They'll just lower you to their level and beat you with experience.

Deadpool 0wnZ j00!!!

LazyJ Posted: 09-13-2002 , 01:51 AM
    BET IT

hey i'll be there but i got a suggestion. why not make a mvc2 tourney but with no toptiers. or maybe just capcom side. just a suggestion. oh yeah does anybody wanna make me a copy of CVS2 for DC? i did a 70hit combo and the game just selfdestructed because it was so amazed. so if somebody can make me a CVS2 for DC it dont need any fancy music just the game. i can pay 15$ for it. ok bye.

ironballz

Philly Humor - http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=444310

Demon Hyo Posted: 09-13-2002 , 03:08 AM
    I am Tony Starx

I got a copy for you josh, so u want it on saturday? $15?

Armor repair complete, Power Reserved at full compacity, Armor componet ready for access , all component's ready for action!

killervi3t Posted: 09-13-2002 , 04:10 AM

Hey i need another copy too, same shit happened only my combo was 82 hits. Ill give you 15$ brandon.

wasp Posted: 09-13-2002 , 04:14 AM

I'll give you both copies for $10...

Never argue with an idiot; They'll just lower you to their level and beat you with experience.

Deadpool 0wnZ j00!!!

NORTH EAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC3) in Philly(UP)
    OK players here we go again this is the thread for NEC3 in Philadelphia Pa. at University Pinball

The Dates of NEC3 will be December 6th---8th in those 3 days there will be anywhere from 18---24 Tournament's going on but only with the players help can this happen also this year there will be EXTRA prizes add for 4th and 5th place i will let you know later which game's the 4th and 5th place prize's will be for.

I have change alot of entry fee so players can have some kind of money left over to do other things with like eat and party or do what ever.

I think this will help the numbers in some of the smaller games to.
    Also the prices on the games will be drop no more .50 cent for A3 and 3S and so on.

There will be a Team Tournament's this year the Team games will be CVS2, MVC2, A3, 3S, TTT, TK4, so get your team mates together before you get here please(you have 3 months to do this)

All the rules will be the same as all the tournament here.
    (CVS2 you can change your players order)

I will add more stuff on the thread as it comes to mind that includes extra games to

List of games and dates and times:

Friday12-6-2002) will be Team Nite
    CVS2 Team (this will be the only team game on friday)
    $5.00 per player

Sat12-7-2002)

CVS2: start time will be 1pm entry fee will be $10.00
    TK4:-- 1pm enrty fee $7.00
    TTT:-- 2pm entry fee $5.00
    ST:---3pm entry fee $5.00
    X-Men:--4pm entry fee $5.00
    MK3 ulti:--5pm entry fee $3.00
    MK4:--5pm entry fee $3.00
    MVC1:---5pm entry fee $5.00

Team Tournament:
    MVC2:---5pm
    A3:--5pm
    3S:--5pm
    $5.00 per player all team tournament's will be 3-on-3

Sunday12-8-2002)

CVS2 cont'
    MVC2:--1pm entry fee $10.00
    SC2:--2pm entry fee $7.00
    A3:--2pm entry fee $5.00
    3S:--3pm entry fee $5.00
    A2:--4pm entry fee $5.00
    MOTW 4pm entry $3.00
    HF:--4pm entry fee $3.00

Console games will be MK5, SSBM, i will add two more on later console games will be $7.00 with 10% going to the arcade

Also 1 of the CVS2 machines will have loose sticks on them to grant the wish of some of the players.

I want this to be the BEST NEC ever but i can only do it with the players help.

So thats it for now so for more info are to sign up just post or e-mail me arcade4006@aol.com I need your first and last name and the state your from and game or games you will be in.

SO I HOPE TO SEE ALL THE REAL PLAYERS HERE

Extra Info:

As expected, there should be a LOT of out-of-towners in the city for the event, so to help out those traveling individuals, here's a some hotel info.
    Links are in the hotel names.

Okay, 2 places offer a pretty reasonable rate in the $79-99/night range, and at the same time are accessable to the action. Both are located right there in downtown (Center City) Philly. Considering that they're downtown situated, those rates are kind of good, especially with more heads to split up the cost.

They are:

-COMFORT INN-

100 N. Columbus Blvd.
    215-627-7500

-BEST WESTERN CENTER CITY HOTEL-

501 N. 22nd St.
    215-568-8300

This info was taken from 'Philadelphia Hotel Guide', for those that want to do additional pricing.

PHILADELPHIA HOTEL GUIDE

Anyone interested in finding discounts on hotel rooms, you may want to check here

For the record, there are 2 hotels located even closer to the arcade, right there on the Penn campus, but they're a bit pricier.
    You're talking $149-$254/night for THE PENN TOWER HOTEL and in the case of THE INN AT PENN $149-$209/night

Now, for those that won't be driving, I recommend public transit (SEPTA--SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) to get to and from the arcade, because although both hotels are within 20 minutes (driving)of UP, you'll make out cheaper than a cab.

http://www.septa.org

ANYBODY with ANY questions on getting around by SEPTA, just give me a holla--> tech_bonus@yahoo.com

As far as other accomadations go; there's plenty of spots to eat (or shop)in downtown as well as a few good places near the arcade, including a decent pizza shop across the street from UP.
    In fact, for those that choose to stay there, the COMFORT INN actually sits on the city's main club strip: Columbus Blvd aka Delaware Ave., so anyone looking to get out at some point during the weekend need only go down the street.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS here

Coming by plane?
    Try www.expedia.com and www.cheaptickets.com for any bargains out there.

Hope this helps guys.

Also Players make sure to check the sites around the airport they have great rates.

UNIVERSITY PINBALL
    4006 SPRUCE STREET
    P.H.I.L.L.Y
    ARCADE4006@AOL.COM

Last edited by eric on 09-21-2002 at 06:04 AM

Desperado Posted: 09-12-2002 , 06:51 PM

count me in

XXL Posted: 09-12-2002 , 07:47 PM
    I hate Vega

Yo Eric, can you not allow order change for CVS2?
    in Summer Jam lost ppl wasn't happy that you can change order between matches

eric Posted: 09-12-2002 , 07:52 PM

UNIVERSITY PINBALL
    4006 SPRUCE STREET
    P.H.I.L.L.Y
    ARCADE4006@AOL.COM

XXL Posted: 09-12-2002 , 07:55 PM
    I hate Vega

quote:
    Originally posted by eric

Cool thanks!
    I don't know who from mtl are going this time, cuz some of them have school and stuff. I gotta work so not sure yet. we'll get back to u soon though

Mitsuflip Posted: 09-12-2002 , 08:15 PM
    smoke????

yo eric add beach spikers for gamecube...
    Me and Som will win that game

Who The Best In Philly?

cdaskillz Posted: 09-12-2002 , 10:24 PM
    Short Hop That Shit!

i hope i can go to this ..ill have my licence by then

--Brendan K.
    Betta Reconize
    Fuck Vega...Mine is better haha CapMaster...Sucka!!

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!
    And now you will see that evil will always triumph over good, becasue good is dumb.

No matter how much I care, some people are just assholes.

In New York, f*** isn't even a word. It's a comma.

Ask Free she'll tell you to jump down/ he thought the harlem shake was a drink from uptown.

Watch out
    -Team Shaolin-
    On the rise

AV by InfiniDragon615

CTPhil Posted: 09-12-2002 , 10:53 PM
    Cali water ownz me...

*sigh*

Free money or stay retired? Decisions, decisions.

Retired.

Testament Posted: 09-12-2002 , 11:24 PM

count me in!

-OBD!!!!!!!!
    -Dave Thomas smelt like poo.

Demon Hyo Posted: 09-13-2002 , 01:10 AM
    I am Tony Starx

You know i will already be in there for mvc2, damn it is on sunday? Ouch, school will eat me alive. I know i cant stay for the whole things, unless it is a holiday on monday.

Also, i hope more of you players come, and my friends from CT better come also Dru, you and the guys made a no show for sj2

wasp Posted: 09-13-2002 , 01:32 AM

If any other NJ players are going, I guess i'll try to come.

Deadpool 0wnZ j00!!!

LazyJ Posted: 09-13-2002 , 01:51 AM
    BET IT

hey i'll be there but i got a suggestion. why not make a mvc2 tourney but with no toptiers. or maybe just capcom side. just a suggestion. oh yeah does anybody wanna make me a copy of CVS2 for DC? i did a 70hit combo and the game just selfdestructed because it was so amazed. so if somebody can make me a CVS2 for DC it dont need any fancy music just the game. i can pay 15$ for it. ok bye.

ironballz

Philly Humor - http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=444310

Demon Hyo Posted: 09-13-2002 , 03:08 AM
    I am Tony Starx

I got a copy for you josh, so u want it on saturday? $15?

killervi3t Posted: 09-13-2002 , 04:10 AM

Hey i need another copy too, same shit happened only my combo was 82 hits. Ill give you 15$ brandon.

wasp Posted: 09-13-2002 , 04:14 AM

I'll give you both copies for $10...

Deadpool 0wnZ j00!!!

2. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Any of you guys going? Rich and I could make the drive down from Rochester....

For those of you who have never been there, University Pinball is a nice arcade, pretty spacious, by a good pizza place... The last tournament I went there was fun and met Omaha and the Boston crew... Think you guys will make it this time?

-Alex

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Oh, this is a definate possibility. Time to put some money away in the piggy bank.

4. Eric

Eric Member

Yes this Tournament will be Off the hook.

So i hope everyone can make it here you will have a GREAT time.

You will LOVE this place if your a real gamer.

5. Eric

Eric Member

Let's go players wake up and sign up.

6. Gndalf007

Gndalf007 Well-Known Member

The crew from Southwest Virginia and I are looking into making the trip, but I can't say anything for sure.

Question: is the VF4 machine B, C, or EVO?

7. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Did anyone go to this? What were the results of the VF4 tournament?

-Alex

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I couldn't make it for Sunday but knew 3 NYC guys that wanted to.

I was at NEC on Sat. No one playing VF. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif I asked Eric on Sat if anyone pre-reg for Sun. He said he needed more heads.

Just found out there was no tourney, prolly due to lack of players /versus/images/icons/frown.gif My friend who casually plays was upset cause he wanted to see high-level play. Oh well

Props to Eric for trying