1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need a little help with Sarah...

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Klandestine, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Klandestine

Klandestine Well-Known Member

Hey all. I just started using Sarah about a week ago. She's pretty cool and everything but I'm having problems with playing against Lion. Not Lion per se, but a friend of mine who uses him and likes to use his sabaki all day. I eat it a lot. He'll stand and wait for me to attack and sabaki whatever comes his way. Considering that Lion's sabaki works against most kicks, I'm having difficulty working Sarah around this.

2. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

I have been in that situation, Lion pulling out a billion meteor punches (this is his sabaki right?) Basically, if thats all he does, just wait and abuse the guarenteed grab. You may notice it also parrys a lot of 'from flamingo' moves, dish out a spinning low or mid, problem solved.

3. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Klandestine said:

Hey all. I just started using Sarah about a week ago. She's pretty cool and everything but I'm having problems with playing against Lion. Not Lion per se, but a friend of mine who uses him and likes to use his sabaki all day. I eat it a lot. He'll stand and wait for me to attack and sabaki whatever comes his way. Considering that Lion's sabaki works against most kicks, I'm having difficulty working Sarah around this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you anticipate Lion will do the sabaki, use [2]+[K]+[G] or [7]+[K]+[G], though the latter is way more risky. If you're in Flamingo, then use [8]+[K] or [2]+[K] hit throw.

4. Allyourbase

Allyourbase Well-Known Member

Throwing

Anyone have any good strings/moves for Sarah where I can set up a buffered throw afterwards? I know P -> buffered throw will only carry me so far.

5. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Re: Throwing

Some nice buffered in combos are
    [P][K][G] to buffered Throw
    Any move (with advantage) into flamingo to buffered Throw
    Forward/Backward Crouchdash to buffered Throw

Basically with Sarahs speed its always nice to dash around, crouch or not, and get in the ocassional unexpected throw.