1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

need brad advice versus keep-away

Discussion in 'Brad' started by erdraug, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    TheUgg, interesting info! I struggled when doing Brad's command list initially since I was translating what were Thai words from Japanese (katakana) text. Never was I sure of the correct "english" spelling. For example: lumpinee vs lumpini.

Are you (or anyone else?) able to proof read the Thai words in Brad's command list and provide some corrections?

2. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Ughil - I hear you. Everytime I play with Brad, I get stoked that I'm making use of many of the same techniques that I've seen Anderson Silva use to crush his opponents. The last time I won a fight with the clinch, my wife asked me why I had just shouted "Take that Rich Franklin!"

I've loved thai fighting ever since watching Kickboxer as a kid. Playing Bruce Irving in Tekken 2 was awesome, even if it meant that I was playing Tekken and getting punished for repeatedly using his dragon-tail/uppercut canned combo. Brad Burns and Muay Thai FTW!

BTW, Erdraug, not sure if you're still checking out this post, or have since moved on, but I think your initial instinct is correct - Brad is designed to play up close and weave in and out of your opponent's attack range (at least, that's what my own experience tells me). Ideally, you'd like to be in your face making use of Brad's wide array of combo's and starts and stops to keep the opponent guessing, earn a counter-hit, and amputate half of their life bar.

Having said that, learning how to effectively work Brad at long range is a very important skill, as a good opponent will try out different tactics to try and put you at a weakness. The good opponents that consistently beat me will notice that I am weaker at a longer range, and then zone me effectively to hold me at that range.

There's a ton of good advice in this post. Big thanks to everyone that has contributed - I feel like my Brad has become significantly stronger from reading this.