1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Catalog/Whatever Numbers for the Gamest Mooks

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Rulakir, Nov 7, 1999.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Errm.... guys, help me out a bit here okay ? I wanna order the gamest mooks (The ones that I'm lacking anyway) from Kinokuniya. But errr..... like, do I need catalog numbers or something ? or do I just like, errr.... tell them "Okay, I need these books entitled Gamest Mooks, and they're err.... made by Gamest (?), and errr...... they're for Virtua Fighter."

Sounds kinda ridiculous, but err.... anyway, what do I need to know ?
    Thanks

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

When you say Gamest - Kinokuniya will know what you're talking about...at least the ones in New York do ;)

I only have the TB mook in front of me. It's GamestMook vol.129 ISBN# 4-88199-478-6.

The other mooks, as in Act1, Act2 for VF3 I don't have...Kbcat, you got the ISBNs for those? Or does GE have the mooks?

Anyway, Rulakir, there ya go. Oh, there was a mook published for DC VF3tb - Clem is currently in Hong Kong and will be making his way over to Japan for a bit to check out the VF scene and said he would try to pick one up for Kbcat...Actually, doesn't Mike have the DC Vf3tb mook?

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Virtua Fighter 3tb Technical Manual
    published by Famitsu / Aspect
    ISBN4-7572-0301-2

4. Guest

Guest Guest

what is the online URL to order these books ? if any .. I really want to get the vf3tb dc ver book ..
    thanks in advance

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Jason Cha gave me the mook during TtG2, he got it during his stay in Japan. so i don't really know any online source that has this book, sorry.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Act 1 and 2

Just filling in the missing info..

Virtua Fighter 3 Act 1
    Gamest Mook Vol.55
    ISBN(?) T1063381550884

Virtua Fighter 3 Act 2
    Gamest Mook Vol.69
    ISBN 4-88199-338-0

I'm not sure if the number given with Act 1 is the ISBN or some other type of number, it's hard to tell. But let us know if you're successful in ordering them. I personally bought mine while I was in Japan.

<pre>__
    Myke
    </pre>

7. dickson

dickson Active Member

Re: "Clem is in Hong Kong ..."

is he one of your vf group (or he is a hk guy) and i could invite him to play some vf here in hong kong ... please give his contact if possible ... mine is 852-2753-1748

8. Rulakir

Mike, one thing, this VF3TB Technical Mook, is it the same on that Myke was talking about ? The one that's orange and has Akira in front ? The only other mook number I need is the VF3tb Complete Strategy guide. Its like, White in color, with a 3/4 view of Akira's face.

Again, thanks for all the help guys !!!! /images/icons/smile.gif

9. Guest

Guest Guest

no, the VF3tb technical mook has no "akira" this time ^^; only white and blue color.

The orange book is "Virtua Fighter 3 Official Playing Guide" published by SEGA, Softbank. ISBN4-7973-0453-7 Y2200

The mooks Myke was talking about are Gamest mooks Act 1 and 2.

10. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Re: "Clem is in Hong Kong ..."

is he one of your vf group (or he is a hk guy) and i could invite him to play some vf here in hong kong ... please give his contact if possible ... mine is 852-2753-1748

Clem's parents live in Hong Kong, and he will be there visiting for the next months or so. I don't know his telephone number in Hong Kong--but, I do know he will be checking his web mail at babblefish@usa.net.

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

11. Rulakir

Online Shops To Get The Mooks

The Online bookshop you're looking for should be the Pegasus Express Japanese Book Store. This URL was taken off from the old ACP board. =] With all the ISBN numbers and the Volume numbers, you should be able to order them from this store. /images/icons/smile.gif However, if Neogamer's directions were correct (Pardon me if I'm wrong, as he mentioned this YEARS ago..... I just remembered when I was ordering the Act. 2 Mook from KinoKuniya Earlier....) you have to place a unique order. As to how much it would cost, I have absolutely no idea. /images/icons/frown.gif

http://www.pegasus-group.com/

If not, you could always look for the nearest Kinokuniya branch. Here's several URLs for you to check where the nearest branch is to your state.

http://www.kinokuniya.com
    http://www.kinokuniya.com/newyork/store.html

Hope that helps. /images/icons/smile.gif
    Rulakir

12. Rulakir

Re: Online Shops To Get The Mooks

While I'm on about VF resources here.... (I recently got a minor windfall, so I'm gonna spend it all on VF, and Gundam Modelling kits.... /images/icons/wink.gif), does anyone know what happened to the old VF2 tapes known as the "Wheel Of Fortune" tapes ? and if there are any for VF3 ? Also, can I order say, the Java tourney, or Max. Battle tapes and such from Kinokuniya ? (Since promised copies of them tapes NEVER seem to make their way to me. /images/icons/frown.gif) Or could someone provide me a resource ? Else, I'm going to have to trouble Jeff again, and I'm embarrassed to keep asking him to get stuff for me as it is........

Thanks