1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help in fixing Joystick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by social_ruin, Sep 5, 2012.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

crisis averted.

2. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Ok I revive this thread. My stick is having problems with recognizing the 3 and 9 diagonals (from P1). They register about 60-65% of the time, wich means it's broken in my book. I don't know why it does this though. Might it be something with the actual joystick, or is it possible that there's something wrong with the hardware it is connected to?

Anybody have a clue? Might be hard for you to know, just thought this might have happened to somebody before.

3. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Take it apart and check the 4 microswitches that click? If they're not really worn, could be a circuit board issue.

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daydream likes this.
  4. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Thanks for the reply PaiChun. I took it apart just now and figured it was either the switches or the motherboard. No way for me to know, but I guess the motherboard since the switches acted fine. Since 6 works well but not 9 and 3 it might be some translation error between the switches. However I had an older stick laying around so I just took the switches and board from that and it seems to be working fine now. What a relief! Might order some parts anyway, heard good things about akihabarashop.

Thanks again for reply.

5. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    If all the switches are working individually, but not in the diagonals, it sound's like the joystick actuator isn't quite hitting the switches correctly when pushed in the diagonals. Could be from a loose, or misaligned restrictor gate....