1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Lau tactics against Jacky

Discussion in 'Lau' started by dirklenart, Jul 5, 2002.

1. dirklenart

dirklenart Member

I've been having a lot of problems against Jacky. I find myself as Lau very limited because of the autoparry's of Jacky.
    Moreover, Jacky's offensive attacks are difficult to block or break through.
    Can anyone advise on some moves, tactics which work against Jacky.

2. Hellfire

Hellfire Member

When fighting against Jacky as Lau try to grapple him as much as often. Many of his kick combos(if blocked) leave him very vulnerable to a grapple. Also try using the move[3_][P]+[K] after some of his kicks to loft him in the air for a nice follow up combo like[6][P][P],[2_][K][K]. I use this tactic quite often and its seems to work most of the time. I hope this helps.

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

CPU Jacky's kind of a bitch against anyone that punches. The autoparry is annoying!

4. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

i dont know if anyone else has noticed this about the CPU jacky, but when he does lightning what ever attack /versus/images/icons/confused.gif [1][P]+[K][K][K][K] and doesn't finish it he usually does [3][K]+[G][K], which gives you a big opportunity for either a juggle or a throw when blocked. hope this helps

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

-Low Punch
    -Elbow
    -Double Palm
    -Throws
    -and plenty of great kicks (sidekick; [6][2]+[K]; heelkick; [4]+[K]+[G]; low kick options; excellent hopkicks)

All of the above are WAY MORE THAN enough to handle an autoparry Jacky (and ANY opponent in general). All of those are still a great part of Lau's arsenal. So try to see if you can make better use of them/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

6. dirklenart

dirklenart Member

I agree, Chancai. These are the moves that work against Jacky.
    Unfortunately, I have difficulty shifting from blocking to attacking with these moves. Jacky is so quick with his attacks that I run into a next attack upon releasing G.
    Moreover he tends to block a lot of those attacks very quickly when I succeed in attacking him.
    I'll keep practising. I see indeed a development in my play against him. I tend to score more points than in the past, where I got trashed in seconds. But getting the overhand and winning is still a rare thing.
    Maybe you got some advise on blocking and attacking subsequently?

7. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

I am curious about this guarding issue in regards to every
    match: how to use guard and imput commands, especially
    against a relentless Jacky. My Lau AI just went through Kumite
    at 26-0, reached 1st Dan, primarily by guarding and throwing
    with a few dash attacks to space out the throws. Then Mr. Fist
    lost a close 5-round match with a 1st Dan Jacky. Still, the
    grappling will work and is most effective against Jacky, and yet how do
    you guard long enough to input the throws? Even if you use Lau's elbow (because
    the autoparry won't allow punches) you have to IMMEDIATELY guard while
    trying to figure out how to get close enough to that blond effer to throw him.
    I find I have a LOT more punching ability against the human Jacky (that's
    not saying much considering he was only a low level Dan himself), because the
    CPU Jacky and Vanessa LIVE off the autoparry. Still, back to the question:
    guarding. I've read various threads but nothing seems viable. I feel I have to
    generate offense against Jacky, somehow, or simply block until I misjudge and end up
    getting sick damage (Jacky is too goddamned powerful...bottom line; I mean in
    damage terms...37 points for that spinning mid-kick, don't know what it's called, but
    rediculous). I mean, I hate Jacky simply because I think he IS the premier character;
    even though the player makes him what he is, Jacky just has too many advantages. I
    CAN'T beat the sonbitch. And I DO feel as if I will lose my mind if I keep getting
    smeared by Jacky. It's bad enough against other characters, but Jacky turns me into a
    raving madman.

8. dirklenart

dirklenart Member