1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

need major help with shun!!! advanced players needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shun' started by ad91791, May 10, 2002.

1. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

i was doing fine with my shun until 2nd kyu. now its at ist dan and it's losing can u help?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

first, go through the trial training on your PS2 with shun di. It will teach you advanced tricks for winning.

second, try searching on all the forums for shun combos. Search button is at the top.

Finally, if you want a pretty simple trick just to beat the opponents in kumite mode and win items, try d+P ---> throw when they're really close. Mix up the throws you use, otherwise they'll get escaped.

3. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

Use d/f+P, P, K.
    Drink to about 15 Dps then do this move. Never go into handstand, just lie down after this move. When you get up, just do this move again and lie down. If the stage allows ring out, then most probably you will ring out computer cos this move only take away a little damage.( Sometimes all hit, sometimes non hits) When computer is ring out, make sure you drink the maximum possible. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Have fun. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Walao. got time to post but no time to answer my call or call me back........

5. Munki

Munki Member

Another super effective technique against the CPU is the Lying Down stance.
    Just get into the lying down stance, drink up until 10 or more DPs, and then use k, p, d+k, k. Lie back down and continue again. The AI will frequently attack high instead of low / mid while trying to get you (they will even try to throw you while lying down). They just can't seem to truly handle this stance for some reason.
    This has been something that has worked against the AI even against High King guys. It is what I usually fall back on when I get tired of mind reading reversals and throw counters.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Against the CPU -- 3P,P,K then handstanding is relatively safe. If you think the CPU will block, do a throw. If you're playing against a person, you can get your ass pounded either way, especially if it's Jacky.

Against people, Shun is good if you can be deceptive. 3P,P, throw is a good one, as well as 3P,P,3P,P,K (handstand)(sleep)K,P,2K,K -- lovely combo.

I can make some SHun movies if you want and have you download them from my machine. Might help.