1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need more details about throw system...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by sugoi, Jul 10, 2001.

1. sugoi

sugoi Member

I have read a lot of posts but they didn't mention throwing that much... I heard throws are catch throws and take a certain amount of frames to execute... My main concern is blocking a kick, do you get a guranteed throw? Is there guranteed throws? I play Jeffry so throwing is a major part of his strategy...
    thanks...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Need clarfication for the Escape.

Sorry this is not actually a response on the question about the Throw.. but,

Would really appreciate if anybody who has experienced VF4 can tell me how to evade outside the screen. Is that just d? or d,d ??

Thanks...

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Two both Qs

Throws and Jeffry in particular: no worries here, Jeffry seems like a better throw character in 4 than in 3. There certainly seems to be guaranteed throw opportunities, but I can't be too sure; it's too early to say (need some GAMEST-like mooks to confirm, heh heh).

You can evade with either d or d,d. Geez people, read that MAMMOTH VF4 REPORT will you?!

4. sugoi

sugoi Member

Re: Two both Qs

In what way is throwing more easy for Jeffry?
    Thanks for the previous reply. Moving from Northern Cali to the Middle east sucks.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Two both Qs

"Geez people, read that MAMMOTH VF4 REPORT will you?!"

The answer is there.