1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help to increase my defense

Discussion in 'Lion' started by raspyrateur, Nov 8, 2009.

1. raspyrateur

raspyrateur Member

Hello everybody

I try to improve my skill with Lion, my main character, but I have some difficulties to play a correct defense.

As Lion has the slowest P+K after a defensive move, I don’t know how take back advantage during a fight when I’m corned/trapped.

So, what is “standard” defense with him ? DM and throw ? DM turned in OM ?

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Re: Need some help to have increase my defense

Lion does have the slowest DMP+K however in closed stance you can get a 77dmg combo on counter hit. It's best used from the range of a backdash or with a succesful DM before it, or if you can predict the last move of an opponants strings.

Lions not a great defensive character, in fact he's bloody unsafe! So to improve your defence with him you should be looking to improve your fundamentals. These include fuzzy guard, ETEG (evade throw escape guard), spacing etc.

If you look at Lions frame data you can see which moves leave him at -5 or less (these moves you should fuzzy guard). -6 exactly, these moves you should crouch fuzzy and -7 or more. These moves you should ETEG.

3. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega

I was wondering about lion's dmk. PPL complain about dm PK online thats hard to punish and so ppl dont dm pk too much online. BEcause lion's DM PK has a slow activation and they cant punish it neways, i believe its -2 or -3 on block so i wonder if ppl get pissed for abusing his dm pk?

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay

Boris, i'm suprised you didn't mention [2] [1] [4] [P] as you use it so well [​IMG]

5. AnimalStaccato

Ah that's more counter attack, personally I think defence is for chumps [​IMG] but I was answering his question specifically!

Mack the fact that it has a slow start up is the reason you can't really abuse it, people see it coming a mile off. Unless they are button mashers.

6. raspyrateur

raspyrateur Member

Thank for your answerd, by reading it, I realize that my problem come probably by a lack of practice against human player [​IMG]

7. DrWoo

DrWoo Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Yquem2k1

At slight disadvantage, [4][P][P] is also a great tool for Lion IMHO

8. AnimalStaccato

Yep it ducks under highs from the very first frame although that is also technically counter attacking.